ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172 Fuel Pressure?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Hi Guys,

Trying to work out if i am going to need an External Fuel Pressure Reg or not.
Building a R5 Gtt C1J lump but with fuel injection, and obviously its turno charged.
Want to run 3bar standard, so hoping the standard pump and the reg is rated to 3bar?

Could someone tell me what the reg on the standard 172 pump is rated to please?

As if it is 3 bar, hoping i can just fit the 172 pump+reg to my tank, therefor i wont have to buy an external FPR, or run a return line to my tank.

Thanks.

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
not just pressure but flow that you want to worry about. mine seems ok on the sc clio but as far as im aware its only 80ltrs and hour, ill be swapping in for a bosch 044 soon

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Flow of what? i take it your talking about injecters? i will be using bosch 802's (Renault21 Turbo items), will flow plenty, only going to run about 200bhp.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
So i dont have to change anything? can just use my pump and my FPR? and just run the the single line into 1 end of my rail and cap the other?
Like i said, aim to run about 200bhp with this engine, maybe 220 max.

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
don't need a FPR as its in the tank

edit - ooh its boosted, forgot about that!

Thats what i mean haha, Whats my options Fred?
Also, any news on the diagrams? :)

Edit: Dont matter if its boosted or not... aslong as there is always 3bar in the rail, it would be fine?

RS 182 CUP
need any bits for it? ive a small collection in me shed, stage 2 turbo technics turbo, gearbox, head, pipes you name it i prob got it. you using volvo parts to convert it?

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
What you mean? to convert it? im using a 172 plenum and throttle body, making the lower half of the manifold myself, using a valver ECU with a different EPROM chip with my map on it to run it.
i think your on about a different engine?