ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172 Dampers or Cup??

Currently purchasing new dampers for my 02 172

Have brand new genuine rears

Do i just go for genuine 172 fronts, or should i go for cup ones? Same price so is it worthwhile?

Currently got koni adjustable... dont like them at all :mad:

Springs will be prolines if it makes any odds

Cheers

Not forsale to general public just yet lol.. work mate has first dibs, depends if we can agree a price

Anyhow... back on topic..

SOMEBODY must have an opinion lol ;)

Golf GTD Mk7
cup suspension would make a little bit better handling wise. I presume the bolt spacing is the same on the 172 FF and cup? Prolines will make a difference compared to standard springs on the standard FF setup.

cheers matey :)

yep, done a search n 172ff and cup spacing is the same apparently... its the 182's that differ

was going to go with standard cup springs.. but these prolines came up at a good price lol!

Golf GTD Mk7
worth a try anyway. Rear dampers are the same IIRC, but i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong ;)

I'd assume it's to do with the weight difference between the Cups and the FF Clios, the Cup dampers and springs are for a lighter car but just guessing.

Regards Russ............