ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standard 172/182 Engine Pics

106 GTi
IMG_5672.jpg

R

rich[182]

Rich - what do you clean the engine cover, inlet etc with (ie the bits that some people have polished) I want mine that clean lol

106 GTi
A wipe over with Megs APC and water with a cloth.

But to be honest the car has rarelly seen rain, and the engine bay wiped over damp cloth every time the car has washed so it has never got that dirty.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i still can't beleive u don't drive ur car in the rain. is there any point having it in this country?

What is the small, black plastic ellipsoid box with the writing on it, just after where the air filter duct meets the engine? And what does it do? Mines cracked and I wanted to make sure that wasnt an issue... (If you dont know which bit I mean, its directly behind the strange metal hanger with the two small holes and one big one on the right of the engine block)
Cheers! Sorry for thread-jacking

VRS
it will probably be a cover for the electronic part of the throttle body. it should be alright but if your worried about the crack and water/moisture getting in then seal the crack with some sealant/glue