ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standalone Ecu's ITB's & Mapping

Volvo V70 Clio172
IMG_1058.JPG
Hi Guys

I've picked up a set of ITB's for my Ph1 track car and need an Ecu all good and bad experiences welcomed currently thinking omex 600???

I'll install them myself but looking for guidance where to go for a good setup in the midlands ideally.

Cheers

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
View attachment 1334660
Hi Guys

I've picked up a set of ITB's for my Ph1 track car and need an Ecu all good and bad experiences welcomed currently thinking omex 600???

I'll install them myself but looking for guidance where to go for a good setup in the midlands ideally.

Cheers

Might be worth making the trip to efi or rs tuning if you can trailer it or get a decent base map on.

172 Ph1
@Brumguy34
I've fitted an Omex 600 to a bodied 182 and can say it's not a major issue , I will say buy the race loom at an additional cost that goes with the ecu for ease mainly. If you wish to retain your temp gauge on the dash , you'll need an additional sensor plumbed in to cater for this .

On a different angle , I soon will be fitting bodies to my Ph1 and I have the Clio pnp
https://motorsport-electronics.co.u...ition-engine-management/renault-clio-pnp-ecus - with this ecu coolant temp remains so no extra parts needed , original loom is used , so no extra costs there , only thing is Ph1 wiring needs shuffling about .

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
The way I've seen people do it is send an aftermarket ecu to Chris at efi in the post. He can load a base map so the car can run and sent it back to you. Then take the whole car back to him for a proper map

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
Omex 600 is fine for these cars. I moved over to a Gems ECU and it was no different, if anything worse. If it's not broken, don't fix it. Also running on standard management the car will feel flatter than Keira Knightley

Volvo V70 Clio172
Thanks guys lots of food for thought I'm keen on going the Omex route to get the most out of her especially as I'm probably going for a set of cams as funds allow.

I do want to keep the factory dash though as at this stage she is only a track toy.

getikte

ClioSport Club Member
@Brumguy34
I've fitted an Omex 600 to a bodied 182 and can say it's not a major issue , I will say buy the race loom at an additional cost that goes with the ecu for ease mainly. If you wish to retain your temp gauge on the dash , you'll need an additional sensor plumbed in to cater for this .

On a different angle , I soon will be fitting bodies to my Ph1 and I have the Clio pnp
https://motorsport-electronics.co.u...ition-engine-management/renault-clio-pnp-ecus - with this ecu coolant temp remains so no extra parts needed , original loom is used , so no extra costs there , only thing is Ph1 wiring needs shuffling about .

Do you happen to have any wiring info or pin outs for the PH1 ECU plug? im having to do the same shuffling about of wires that you have had to. Any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Volvo V70 Clio172
Hope you got sorted but no.

Change of plan my end they are currently on eBay as I’ve decided against fitting them as the clio is probably going at the end of the year