ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stand By For Another Increase In The Cost Of Motoring

1.2 MK2 PH2
I know tons of people who buy big v6 beemers or jags for their sheer looks and interior. My mam drives a v8 XK8 jag, she does 30mph everywere... Its utter madness! Add all that insurance hike on to the new road tax system and it will litrally force people to stop driving. It will once again be a luxury and not a necesity... What on earth is this country coming to.

MINI Cooper S
Pisses me the f**k off, its not asif the banks and insurance companys dont make fuckin millions a month in profit already, greedy f***s...

Astra coupe
Don't the government make something like £70 billion a year from motorists but only put £17 billion back into motorists (e.g road surfacing and repairs) whats going on there?!

Breaking A 172 Replica
As to terrible clios post, the government would argue motoring has massive negative externalities attached.

E.g. pollution, congestion etc... caused not to the individual but to society. Therefore the government taxes to reduce consumption and they would argue the tax goes into combatting the effects (e.g. green energy, road safety awareness campaigns not just direct investment in to road infrastructure)

Sam

Astra coupe
simple solution to that. All this bio fuel stuff. reduce the cost of it by half to around 40p a litre and have it readily available. People can buy the kits and get them fitted for around £400. That would cut down a lot of pollution.

Or make public transport more efficient,cheaper and better to use.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
It really f*cks me off that every single w*nker whos had an accident and claimed a false injury has just put up my insurance. I hope to god I dont see any-one do that sh*t in accident or I swear I'll make the injury very real...