ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stalk cable adapter and display.

A few
Thinking of getting one of these, from the guy off here.

What are they like? Is it worth paying the extra £50 (in my case) to get the display?

Or would you just pay the £33 for the cable adapter so that the stalk works with my headunit.

Comments please.

BMW M135i
Its worth it.

02072008073.jpg

02072008076.jpg

BMW M135i
Does this also show when using ipod connector? Will it show up the track im playing?
Yep does everything, all sources will scroll the track title etc even shows when the traffic alerts are turned on. Which adapter you looking are? Thats the proper alpine adapter which model number I can't remember.

A few
Its from MT Audio, hes on here. £80 for both connectors, Does thats ould about right? Not sure whether its genuine alpine or not tbh. How much did you pay for yours?

BMW M135i
Payed £65 for mine but they're very hard to get hold of now as i've tried to get one recently for my mums megane. That one i've got is an alpine APF-D102RE.

Yep does everything, all sources will scroll the track title etc even shows when the traffic alerts are turned on. Which adapter you looking are? Thats the proper alpine adapter which model number I can't remember.

Weird even the standard head unit doesn't display the track titles, just the numbers in mine.

http://www.ice-direct.com/Alpine-APF-D102RE-Audio-Control-Adaptor-PALP_APFD102RE/

There, tried ordering one before christmas but they just cancelled my order saying they couldn't get one. Took 4 weeks for the one i've got to come so i'm thinking they can't be arsed ordering it from alpine then sending to me.

the issue is that alpine have hiked up the cost prices hence why they probably didnt want to order it as they would make a loss.all companies are doing it due to the poor exchange rate at the moment.jl are upping theres by 52%!!!

Mk2 Ph2 16v 1.4 Dynamique
hey was wondering weather anybody would be able to help me as im having the same problem but have a pioneer system i am looking to fit to a mk2 dynamique on a 53 plate and am finding it hard to find an adaptor to keep both display and stalk control as most kits seem to be for sony only? cheers p.s its currently fitted with the seperate display if that helps

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
the issue is that alpine have hiked up the cost prices hence why they probably didnt want to order it as they would make a loss.all companies are doing it due to the poor exchange rate at the moment.jl are upping theres by 52%!!!
Can you get hold of one of those alpine adapters? And whats the price, still looking for one and don't mind paying a little more.