ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Stage 2 r26

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd leave the power as it is but then I like to take risks lol

295bhp must be close to the limit of the standard turbo.

What brand are your engine mounts? I fitted a set of Vibratechnics but sold them after a week as they were awful.

535d / t5 caravelle
I'd leave the power as it is but then I like to take risks lol

295bhp must be close to the limit of the standard turbo.

What brand are your engine mounts? I fitted a set of Vibratechnics but sold them after a week as they were awful.

I've noticed you like to take risks lol, I'd be gutted if it went bang, I'd always be thinking should have had it tweaked down a touch....

I imagine your right regarding the turbo limits,the engine mounts are the k-tec ones, it's the full kit, are they not the same as vibratechnics? hard to say how I find them after my limited time in the car, only driven it once to the shops since I've had it, and home from buying it at 50mph for 120 miles lol, but there is definitely some vibration in the car, and it feels rock solid, come to think of it, I'm sure it felt a bit hard and vibrating when I gave it some in 3rd and let off, but I just though it's the way these are, I'm used to a clio, so this is a completely different drive altogether, so I'll have to report back after a bit more use tbh, and there is some vibration on idle, nothing that bothered me though.................yet!

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
What did you find awful about them?

I had all three of these fitted http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=3950&appid=12

When I fitted them to my 172 they improved throttle response and made the handling feel tighter, but on the Megane they caused a lot of harsh vibration for no benefit.

It could be mine weren't fitted properly but Mike Woodford and James Stone who fitted usually know what they're doing.

535d / t5 caravelle
After using the car a bit more over the last few days, Im getting used to it now, the engine mounts make the dashboard vibrate a little, and I only mean a little, and that's the only negative really, front end feels very tight, I've not pushed it handling wise, but if feels very solid and I have no problems with them I'm pleased to say.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
After using the car a bit more over the last few days, Im getting used to it now, the engine mounts make the dashboard vibrate a little, and I only mean a little, and that's the only negative really, front end feels very tight, I've not pushed it handling wise, but if feels very solid and I have no problems with them I'm pleased to say.

Sounds much better than my experience of them.

535d / t5 caravelle
Maybe the fact that I've just jumped straight into this car and haven't had a standard one to compare to, is part of the reason I don't think its to bad, or maybe mine have bedding in, so there not quite as harsh as new ones.

Small update, finally got round to fitting by new number plates, I've been running round with the wrong plates on for the last couple of weeks, so swapped them over this afternoon.

2 hours of a job! The double sided tape that was used to stick the plates on was welded, used autoglm tar remover and more so wd40 and lots of elbow grease, finally got there and I'm happy with the new smaller plates.
uploadfromtaptalk1426366746305.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1426366816493.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1426366863208.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1426366904639.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1426366944043.jpg

And whilst I was there I thought I'd autosol the exhaust
uploadfromtaptalk1426367090069.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1426367133503.jpg

Leon Cupra 300
Looks good...

Best thing for old numberplate sticky pads is your lasses hair dryer, off in minutes.. Then quick wipe with White spirit to clean off any remaining tack.

If deffo have the map tweaked, you'd wish you'd spent £100 on doing it if the engine s***s itself and also do it before you get too used to having more power.

My old Megane was 262/302 and was pretty much perfect on the road. Obviously lots more development has taken place since then to get higher HP figures.

Silvers really understated on these. That or black for me... I'd like another but too old really :-/

Clio williams / 172
What size are them plate and where did u get them they look spot on and mine need refreshing

535d / t5 caravelle
Looks good...

Best thing for old numberplate sticky pads is your lasses hair dryer, off in minutes.. Then quick wipe with White spirit to clean off any remaining tack.

If deffo have the map tweaked, you'd wish you'd spent £100 on doing it if the engine s***s itself and also do it before you get too used to having more power.

My old Megane was 262/302 and was pretty much perfect on the road. Obviously lots more development has taken place since then to get higher HP figures.

Silvers really understated on these. That or black for me... I'd like another but too old really :-/

I did use a hairdryer at first but found it didn't really help tbh, did a bit of googling and came across wd40, which seemed to be used by quite a few, so gave that a blast, worked but took forever, I'll try white spirits next time though.

The map does concern me tbh, I do worry when I boot it, which is not nice, but then I think it's been like this for 2 years, so is must be ok? As it is now, I very rarely put my foot down as most of my driving is a 6 mile commute, so I don't give it any stick then, as it's barely warmed up, I'm 50/50 at the minute with it...... Silver looks superb, and I'm not normally a fan of silver cars, but I love it on the megane.

What size are them plate and where did u get them they look spot on and mine need refreshing

Standard length and 85mm depth, got them from fancyplates, are looking at getting new ones for the clio or a megane? ( as I had smaller plates on my clio that fit the bumper perfectly! )

Lovely looking R26 you have there!! Very tidy.

Thank you very much!

Clio williams / 172
Looking for the meg the other half uses the 172 for work so nothing fancy needed for that lol will get some ordered for the meg new plates always smarten it up.

535d / t5 caravelle
A few updates on the car, the clutch started slipping, so that's been replaced with an r26.r clutch, single mass flywheel conversion and slave cylinder, all supplied by Mark black, and fitted at my local garage, grand total of £960.

View attachment 142818View attachment 142819

It's just had a full service at ade tuning, who have informed me the passenger side cv boot needs replacing and it could do with a couple of tie rods, so that's the next job after Xmas.

They also commented on out of the meganes they've driven mine felt the best. ( nice to hear )

The current brakes where absolutely horrendous! So they have just been replaced with brembo hc discs and carbotech xp8 pads, along with mr pink brake pins, ate typ200 dot 4 brake fluid ( superblue ). So it now stops as well as it goes, also got my short shifter fitted, wow, what a great mod that is, All fitted by ade tuning.

I was about to order some toyo snowprox tyres as I had these on my clio cup the last 3 years and they were superb in all conditions, no problems in the snow at all, then I found some contiwintercontact ts830 in 225/40/18 on eBay, the seller had used them for 2 months last year on his imprezza, he's now swapped cars, so got these for £250, he paid £600, there one of the best winter tyres about. Got these fitted on Saturday.

a014d7b5f0230d66e76e5a14bac51375.jpg

View attachment 142821
View attachment 142820

Future plans are:

New number plates, there to small, the back one at least.

Get the above jobs done, tie rods and cv boot.

Clean it.

Maybe bc coilovers when funds allow, apart from that the cars absolutely spot on imo, 300bhp is more than enough in most occasions, so I'm not going to take it any further unless it goes bang, brakes are superb, and the suspensions suits the roads well.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Looking great bill and hope you are well mate :)

Still happy with the car then. Have a viewer aparantly on Saturday for mine so it's been short lived. Great cars though

Clio 182
I'm on original drilled discs and pads.
The brakes are borderline dangerous when stopping from high speeds.
I've got high carbon discs to go on but still can't make a pad decision.

Out of 10 what would you say your standard brakes are compared to the new ones?

Clio 200 Raider
Nice car bill good power there too. Kind of wish i had swapped my NS-2rs out for winter tyres this year as there not great in the wet but brillaint in the dry and to save a bit of tyre life. probably wont bother now though

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
they have just been replaced with brembo hc discs
contiwintercontact ts830 , there one of the best winter tyres about. Got these fitted on Saturday
Cheers mate, saw you had mentioned me on the Megane forums :up:

Another vote for those tyres, had them on my mx5 last winter when we did actually did get some decent snow on the tops. I got to places that I shouldn't have really

535d / t5 caravelle
Looking great bill and hope you are well mate :)

Still happy with the car then. Have a viewer aparantly on Saturday for mine so it's been short lived. Great cars though
Thanks buddy! Yeah I'm good thanks, hope things are well with yourself [emoji1]
Loving the car, more so now with the short shifter and brakes that actually work, good luck with the viewing, another clio eh lol, I do miss the clio, the megane doesn't quite have that touch of rawness.
I'm on original drilled discs and pads.
The brakes are borderline dangerous when stopping from high speeds.
I've got high carbon discs to go on but still can't make a pad decision.

Out of 10 what would you say your standard brakes are compared to the new ones?
Yeah there are absolutely shite, like you say dangerous, I'm happy with the xp8's, but only bedded them in on Monday, and not used them hard yet, but in the bedding in process they were 100,% better than the standards.
very nice. did u sell the cup?
Yes mate, it's still in the club, loved that car.
Nice car bill good power there too. Kind of wish i had swapped my NS-2rs out for winter tyres this year as there not great in the wet but brillaint in the dry and to save a bit of tyre life. probably wont bother now though
Cheers pal, the difference is night and day come snow, my summer tyres at the back where shot at, so it made sense, after running winter tyres on the clio for 3 years, I will always do it now, it made the difference of not being able to move from outside my house to going where ever I wanted in the snow.

535d / t5 caravelle
Cheers mate, saw you had mentioned me on the Megane forums :up:

Another vote for those tyres, had them on my mx5 last winter when we did actually did get some decent snow on the tops. I got to places that I shouldn't have really
Apologies ment to give you a shout on here to, great service as always by George@roadtrackraceparts.com sorted me out brakes for the clio and the megane. Top man!

535d / t5 caravelle
Is that rear plate proper size or is it just the pic making it look funny? :confused:

What chrisgti6 said, I'm not keen on it tbh, it will be getting it changed at some point.

Really like this car, sensible and quality mods

Got to keep it nice and sensible as the Mrs uses it half of the week for work, and we often use it for the school run, so needs to be child friendly, and it's to nice a car to be pulling it to pieces.

535d / t5 caravelle
I would also like to know where you got the short shifter from?
Sorry mate, missed this, the username is Lee in scunny over on the rs megane forum, I bought it off him and then sent my old linkage back to him.

Dropped the car off yesterday to get the cv boot replaced, will be collecting it later on today.

535d / t5 caravelle
Result! £25 later its fixed, Just needed repacking and a new clip, I'd been told it was going to be £55 for the part, and between 2-5 hours labour, so was expecting a big ish bill.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Is this the place where all those impreza's live outside all day?

Sorry I meant the remap gaff!

Clio 197
Where do you get your tyres changed @bill ? My local place charges £11 per tyre which is ok , but always on the lookout for alternatives. When will you switch back to summers ?

535d / t5 caravelle
Is this the place where all those impreza's live outside all day?

Sorry I meant the remap gaff!

No mate, it's just further down, it has red and white striped metal poles at the entrance to the industrial estate. I thought the place with all the scoobys was it when I first went.

Where do you get your tyres changed @bill ? My local place charges £11 per tyre which is ok , but always on the lookout for alternatives. When will you switch back to summers ?

I use a local guy, Shaffi, he charges £10 a tyre, always used him and never had any problems with him, unlike ats etc, summer tyres will be back on April time probably, I'll see how the weather turns out, I need to buy a couple of new summer tyres before then, so I'd better do some research!

These winter tyres on now are having traction issues in 3rd gear, slightly annoying when wanting to press on, but to be expected.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Ahhh - You don't know if they have a CLIP do you? Mine not 3 hours ago has had a mini fit, think it's a dodgy abs sensor or loose connection as the brakes are pretty new but I'm not sure which wheel it is!

First thing that's gone wrong with it in four years!