ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SRP- on an ipod?

1.5dci
Probs the wrong section, but would SRP work to get rid of the scratches on an ipod?
It'd be handy, else i'll need to get some proper ipod polish stuff, but i'm thinking it's probs the same stuff

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It'll mask them slightly.

Use an abrahsive polish on a cloth, t-cut even then a little polish to shine it up.

1.5dci
ah kwl, i'll have a look online or in halfords for some Autosol.

Might have a quick try with some T-cut once i'm home as I have some of that too. I guess cutting compound will be too harsh?

Also anyone know if a handheld rotary with a polishing end would help, got one somewhere at home, obviously not with the autosol.

My latest project, buy cheap ipod online, new battery, HDD/Compact Flash and rockbox FW and it should be quite nice, just would be perfect if the exterior was like new!

Also anyone know if a handheld rotary with a polishing end would help, got one somewhere at home, obviously not with the autosol.

I'd be a bit worried about static buildup on solid-state memory. Do you mean a Dremmel like tool?

1.5dci
I'd be a bit worried about static buildup on solid-state memory. Do you mean a Dremmel like tool?

yea a dremmel, would take the HDD and everything out first, just wondering if the surface would stand up to it, not sure what the the plastic type casing made out of, also if it'd remove all the etching on the back, guessing it would

1.5dci
COuld scratch x2.0 not work I used it on my headlights after wet sanding them and it worked fantastically

had completely forgot i had scratch x2.0 from when i did my headlights, was using T-cut and although it was getting the small ones out, it was putting them back in, in the direction of my polishing, but the meg's seems to be getting it all out, just taking ages.

Next time i'm back at the parents i think i'll have a hunt for the dremmel, will have to stick with the elbow grease atm though!

ValverInBits
I have a mate who uses brasso to repair scratched CDs at work. It just cuts back the plastic a touch to work out the scratches.