ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeeky Breaks

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
I have just started to get Squeeky Breaks and i had the pads changed on the frount disks about a month ago.

They have been getting lauder and lauder. Are they just wearing in or should i get them checked?

There sharp breaks and work really well just really laud as well! :dapprove:

thanks alot - callum

What pads are they.

Worth just checking them if its bad doesn't take long to strip them down and check there sitting well and a drop of copper slip on them.

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
DDF1096 Break Discs & a set of 810 Break pads! (what ever that means - It says it on the service)

BMW E92/Audi S3
i have the same problem. its got ALOT worst.. i have people covering their ears at traffic lights

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
lol hasnt reached that point yet but i notice it loads and not like to be the one person pulling up with squeeky breaks! :p

172 & RSi
I've been having this problem too. Whats the process with this copper grease? Take the calipers off and grease the edges of the pads??

Cheers

BMW E92/Audi S3
i grease mine and all ya can smell is burning grease lol. i also put grease on the brakes and they also start getting smelly

TeZ

Non RS : (
Buy some Brake cleaner Spray PUT plenty on then leave for a few hours then go for a drive BRaking heavily that seems to get rid of all the s**t on my brakes Car and motorbike

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
Sweet, i think the break claner might be the best for the time and money i have so i will give it ago!

Shed.
What pads are they.

Worth just checking them if its bad doesn't take long to strip them down and check there sitting well and a drop of copper slip on them.

was gunna say. Brass Grease.

I had mone done about 2 months ago and the same is happening. my disks are allmost dead now though. Theyre getting weaker and weaker every week. Ill be grabbing a pair of disks sometime soon i think.

CB600FS
Yeah its common practice to put a new set of pads on new discs, no point not doing so really. Keep the pads for spares if they're not that badly worn.

Clio Dynamique
I had this once when I needed pads quick before wrecking my discs and had Mintex ones put on at a quick fit type place. I ended up changing them for Ferodo Renault ones which seem to have some extra type of material stuff on back of the pad which must stop the squeaking. I have since replaced them with Ferodo ones from local car shop and these don’t have the same backing and have started squeaking. I found copper grease on the back never completely stopped the squeaking for me when I’ve bothered to do it in the past.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
how easy is it to put on copper grease yourself? i have no idea exactly what bit and how much to slap on

CB600FS
Strip them down, clean it all with brake cleaner, let it dry then use the copper grease, where the pads sits in the carrier, and where the caliper touchs the pads.

Hyundai i40
this happened to my RS wen i 1st bought it.......i took it back and told them and they sed that it didnt squeek for them, took it back again and again and again untill they eventually worn down to the mental......not sure wot the exact problem was as they fixed it for free so didnt really want to as too much question for a free set both discs and pads because they didnt believe me it was happening. but id get it looked into buy a garage even if u just pop in and ask for a quote to fix it......they will let you know exactly wot is up just so you dont have to pay out for another set of discs and pads

Clio 1.2 8V Authentique
Where do i get Break Cleaner from?!?! I Went to crappy HalFords and they didnt have any!

Also the Copper Grease...Looked for it today as well but couldnt find it! :S

Darlington Halfords ARE WELL CRAPPPPP!

also taking the wheels and pads off, is it a big job coz i havent really done anything like that before?!?!

use a wire brush to scrape the crud off, then copper grease on the backs only.
got it from A1 motorway stores, in a little tube, cost a few squid.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Make sure that the slider (the frame in which the pads sit in) is free from rust etc. As pinkyclio said, use a wire brush. Smear some copper grease over the rear of the pad covering the whole of it. Also, put a bit at either end (the ends that actually touch the part of the frame they sit in) as this will prevent the pads (usually the inner one) getting siezed in the future. What ever you do just make sure you dont get any on the discs or on the meat of the pads!