ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeek over bumps, cracked something or other?

E92 330
Basically over the last few months ive had a problem with a squeeking everytime i go over a bump in the road. A friend who is a mechanic pointed out something that would fail on an MOT as it was cracked / leaking he said, it was something to do with the passenger side rear suspension. Not mechanical at all as you might of guessed.

Any help appreciated.

Rob

The only thing that can leak from the suspention is the shocks..not heard of them cracking though...but I had a cracked spring. and yes it wont pass an MOT.

E92 330
ok thanks, i know the squeeking may not be coming from the suspension but there appears to be alot of oil surrounding the shock, what sort of price am i looking at for getting this changed?

Might be an idea to get new suspention all round or do you like it standard??
as someone else found out..if you change just one shock..then it might not sit the same as the non replaced shock..(due to natural compression.) unless you get a pair.
Also you will need both springs (if one is cracked) the MOT centre said they need to be done in pairs.

Europarts are a good cheap place for suspention. even Renault parts..but sometimes Renault can actually be cheaper..so give a ring round.

E92 330
nice one thanks, the cars not on standard springs, not sure about the suspension tho. first things first might aswell get it to a garage and find out what is definately wrong with it, thanks for the advice.