ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeek from front suspension.

visualize whirled pe
Front Drivers side squeek, not really loud but noticable. When travelling over uneven road surfaces it squeeks quite a bit (lots of little squeeks as you drive over the bumps). Pretty sure it's the suspension.

Seems fine on full lock both ways. The shocks dont wallow when I've pushed the car down so they seem ok, but I'm no expert.

Had recent (within 1000 miles) o/s + n/s driveshafts. Could it be something has not been tightened (or worked loose) since fitting.

I thought it might be the strut top mount but that knocks not squeeks dosent it?

Any ideas?

Mk2 Ph1 RSi 84k miles

Clio 182 & Saxo VTR
Is it relative to speed? i.e. picks up as you go faster/slower, does it do it on flat smooth surfaces or just over bumps?

visualize whirled pe
It just seemed to do it over any rough surface at pretty much any speed, smooth bits of road were ok because there were no bumps to set if off.

I suppose if you get over 40 you'd be hard pressed to hear it over the engine and tyres, though I imagine it's still there, squeeking away.

Clio 197
could be the one of the front shock are worn I think

I replace front two shock on my mk2 RSi on 82k, the old shocks were getting tired & worn.