ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeek from front, discs and pads changed but still there!!!

Focus ST-3
a month or so after buying my 182 it developed a squeeking noise which seemed to be coming from the front drivers side. My brakes were binding slightly on the front, and so i thought it was this. I had discs and pads replaced as they were completely shot, and all seemed fine for a week or 2 but now the noise has come back...

the noise occurs when accelerating, rolling and slighty when braking, anyone got any ideas?

could it be wheel bearings? caliper problems? the brakes dont stick anymore so not sure why the noise is there still!!!

thanks

Albi blue 197
did you copper slip the rear of the pads? and brake and clutch cleaner everything while it was out?

Focus ST-3
yeh all copper greased and the calipers were taken off and refurbed. so im kinda eliminating the brakes causing it. I cant pin point where its coming from, but when im driving and got drivers side window open i can hear it, but when passenger side is open you can tell its not coming from that side... is it possible that its a belt squeeking?? although it doesnt seem to do it when the engine is ticking over, just driving...

Focus ST-3
Could be a wheel bearing although often the noise stops under braking.

anyway of checking this? i thought it could be this as the brakes were binding quite badly before sorting them out and thought some damage may have been done..

Focus ST-3
no play in the wheel... really doing my head in now, took it to a local garage who came out with me in it and had a look and they dont know either... HELP!

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
I've got a squeak from mine somewhere, when i brake and lift my pedal back up after which i thought was the brakes.
Which is still there after cleaning everything.
But someone said about it maybe being a suspension noise.
Not sure if it applies to you, but its worth a look at.

Focus ST-3
I've got a squeak from mine somewhere, when i brake and lift my pedal back up after which i thought was the brakes.
Which is still there after cleaning everything.
But someone said about it maybe being a suspension noise.
Not sure if it applies to you, but its worth a look at.

what do you mean a suspension noise? the noise i get is constant when i get over 30-40, it almost sounds like an old fashion tea pot boiling

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
the noise i get is constant when i get over 30-40
Probably unrelated then.
I can't quite remember what they said something along the lines of it needing greasing somewhere, just havent got round to it yet.

Try jacking it up and giving your wheels a spin, which will tell you if its a brake issue or not.

Focus ST-3
Probably unrelated then.
I can't quite remember what they said something along the lines of it needing greasing somewhere, just havent got round to it yet.

Try jacking it up and giving your wheels a spin, which will tell you if its a brake issue or not.

Yeh had the front end jacked up and checked everything spun the wheels and the brakes wernt binding and checked for play and there was none. really bugging me now