ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeek coming from one of the suspention drivers side.

Clio Sport 172
any ideas what it could be?

sounded like metal on metal. does it when i have full lock coming one and off my drive.

doesnt make a noise if i rock the car just on full lock i belive. not sure tho

what could it be?

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah common fault.prob just a worn top mount, there are many 'claimed' fixes. none of them seem to work. new top mounts might do the trick tho.
i got some solid top mountsfor mine, but road noise is increased

bout £130ish(sim to renno rubber ones) but road noise is increased(thuddin when u hit a bump) as said

Clio Sport 172
th_10072008007.jpg

th_10072008008.jpg

th_10072008009.jpg

th_10072008010.jpg

th_10072008011.jpg

th_10072008012.jpg

th_10072008013.jpg

th_10072008014.jpg

Last edited:
there are lots of things it could be; don't mean to sound condescending but, if you don't know your way around suspensions, it might be best to take it to someone for some help:)

sorry, i was just thinking that if you're looking for a quick resolution, that might be your best bet.

the main problem with fixing anything like this is in diagnosing it; does it make the noise when running the rack from lock to lock whilst the car is stationary? if it does, have someone do that whilst you get down and try and find out where it's coming from - if it's coming from the suspension turrets, it'll be the top mounts and, if it's coming from underneath the car, you need to go through the following (in no particular order):

- rack and track rod end balljoints
- bottom arm bushes/balljoints
- arb bushes
- discs/calipers
- hubs
- driveshafts/cvs
- subframe bolts
- engine mounts

hope that helps a little