ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squealing brakes

RB 182
just after a bit of advise on how legal my brakes are. my wife was out in my car today and got pulled over by the police and told to get the brakes on my car looked at as they were squealing. she told them that they had just been replaced and worked fine but was told that they needed sorting. i have brembo max discs, braided lines and 5.1 fluid but its the carbon lorraine pads that squeal but they are excellent and i dont really want to change them but not sure if i legally have to.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It's illegal to use those pads on the road - they're designed for track/race use only.

Something to do with the coefficient of friction varying so much with temperature I think.

Try braking less ;)

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
cop was probably just being anal, probs assumed that because they were squeaking they must be fucked

RB 182
It's illegal to use those pads on the road - they're designed for track/race use only.

Something to do with the coefficient of friction varying so much with temperature I think.

Try braking less ;)

so will these pass an mot or will they prob not recognise that they are trackday pads. is this the same for ds2500's etc