ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky clutch

Clio 172

me cluch is squeaking sumtimes when i change gear, does this mean i need a new cluch or just something need tightening

if it needs a new cluch how much would 1 cost coz i know clios r suppost 2 b bad 4 changin em

thx, lee

When you say your clutch squeaks, do you mean the clutch ped is making a noise or is the sound coming from the engine compartment? i think youd know if your clutch was on its way out to be truthful.

Sounds like you could do with some WD40 behind that pedal. careful tho, could be alittle dangerous if you got some on the rubber grip pad.

Clio 172

i think its comin from the engine doesnt sound like teh pedal + teh car still drives the same as it did b4 it started squeaking

Mines done that for ages! Took it to my local mechanic and he couldnt find anything wrong with it at all! Still does it now!

mine does that...its really bad with lots of weight in the car. the noise comes from under car in engine compartment bit. i think it must be a cable too tight...