ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky breaks, what could be the cause?

Merc
I seriously doubt the pads are worn as I have only had the car for over 2 months and it has a mere 1800km so what could this be? It's too loud for my liking...

Also I haven't gone on a track and haven't abused the car that much...

None :(
I think i know what he means....i just fitted some new pads, and they were like 1mm too big to fit inside the calliper, so we had to file them down a tiny bit so they would fit. But these were performance pads not from factory, so i wouldn't have thought it would be that??

Also in the box, there were some black stickers to go on the outside of the pads. As I’m a noob with cars i thought what the hell is that for? I was told, it will stop them from squeaking. Not sure if this is true??? So maybe they forgot to put a sticky pad on one of the pads in the factory? I am not an expert just thought I’d mention it.

I'd go with the possible stone or something tho, as it's so new....

Merc
I think i know what he means....i just fitted some new pads, and they were like 1mm too big to fit inside the calliper, so we had to file them down a tiny bit so they would fit. But these were performance pads not from factory, so i wouldn't have thought it would be that??

Also in the box, there were some black stickers to go on the outside of the pads. As I’m a noob with cars i thought what the hell is that for? I was told, it will stop them from squeaking. Not sure if this is true??? So maybe they forgot to put a sticky pad on one of the pads in the factory? I am not an expert just thought I’d mention it.

I'd go with the possible stone or something tho, as it's so new....

Might aswell check for stones and if there is nothing i'll have to take it to the garage :/

172/1.2/E30
Please deliberate in noob speak ;)

The friction material on the pad is like a block which means the section where the pad meets the disc is 90° to the width of the pad. Now you file a 45° phase on this edge. Shall i draw something in paint?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
take them out. mine did this as they were "grazed" they had little lines running down 1 corner. i rubbed them down level on a brick (ghetto FTW) and that sorted it. get some brake cleaner too as it can always be brake dust making it squeak. give the discs a good clean.

Merc
take them out. mine did this as they were "grazed" they had little lines running down 1 corner. i rubbed them down level on a brick (ghetto FTW) and that sorted it. get some brake cleaner too as it can always be brake dust making it squeak. give the discs a good clean.

Ghetto indeed lol.