ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Squeaky Brakes...?

2001 Clio Sport 16v
Hi all, so when I took my clio for it's MOT in November last year, It failed as they said it needs new brake discs and pads. They changed them up for me and it passed but after a while they started squeaking when I brake. I left it to see if it would go away on it on after using them for a while but it's still there and really annoying me now. Especially in queues... drive forward, Squeeak, Drive forward, Squeeeeeak...

Any Ideas if there's a way I can sort this myself or something to look for?

Thanks in advance.

182 ff
am not sure if clios have the anti vibration clips back on the callipers. if these have not been put on ,can cause squeaky brakes.
also maybe due to not having greased the back of the pads..
take it back to the garage , I had all new pads and disc fitted and mine didn't squeak.
what was your discs/pads like before you took the car in?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
No need for slip.

Sounds like the calipers need cleaning. When my 200 did this it was because the caliper was caked.

2001 Clio Sport 16v
Thanks for your replies.

I'll have to get my stepdad to take a look at them at some point. It never did it before they were changed.
I know the local garage would charge me an overpriced amount to check it all out which is why I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible.

Also something strange I've noticed (that's been there for a while) is occasionally when I brake I can hear something that like a clonky spinning/turning sound, hard to explain, also sometimes when I pull off I hear a noise too, clunky kind of. Not all the time, just sometimes.

Last edited:
  182 ff
take each wheel off and check if the callipers loose,(if it didn't before the it had new parts fitted) clean them and grease back of the pads..
don't go to that garage again...