ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

squeak when accelerating?

I came out of football training tonight and started the car,there was quite a loud squeak coming from the engine maybe 1 squeak a second,as i drove around the squeak got more frequent with more revs yet if i put the clutch in itd go back to the 1 squeak a second.

Any ideas?

Just a thought,the auxilary belt is being done by the guy i bought the car off the day after tomorrow,could it be that?

Yeah the moisture and cold is probably making the aux belt squeel.

When its changed and re tenstioned it might solve it.

Could be the tensioners, Worth renewing.

How much are tensioners going to set me back?
The aux belt fitting was included in the price of the car but the tensioners werent!

Is it happening all the time? is must be somthing else other than the belt slipping? more like the tensioners then.. Or something else.

When the belt slips in the cold it used to do it on mine for about 20 seconds then stop.

Evo 8 MR
I'd guess it's just moisture, take the car for a proper drive and see if it goes once the engine has warmed up, if it's still there it may be something else.

HA HA, ENJOY YOUR SQUEAK SUNSHINE.

Whats the deal man?I pay my £10 a year to get help on here and enjoy talking to people who enjoy the same car but i get you posting on my threads taking the pss because i didnt buy your car which was out of my budget?

Leave it out.

Also i see a second hand set of tensioners on ebay for alot cheaper than new ones,is it worth going for the new ones?Are they a serviceable part once off the car?

ANNNNNDDDDD SNAP.

Auxbelt went today,new one being fitted by the old owner as he said he would so no biggie.

Apart from it now is,had a new belt on but the cars not right atall,sounds like a bag of spanners and isnt pulling right.Into the garage tomorrow.

Ok so we have a loud rattle at anything over 2.5k ish revs,im thinking valve timing and possible valve damage when the aux belt went?

Also,the car does start and run(although i now see i shouldnt have started it and so wont again until its been checked over).Does this mean my valves arent fudged?