ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

square boxwith squiggly line???

clio 172 cup
took the battery off my car the other day and put it back on and this light came up, tried starting it but all it did was turn over... cant hear fuel pump priming on ignition, what could it be?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Electrical Fault Light... Check fuses and all connections to the battery first.

What else did you do (why did you remove the battery)?

Mick

clio 172 cup
I took it off to check engine mount underneath and when I put battery back on this light appeared and now won't fire

it looks like a heartbeat monitor machine yeah, any ideas on what to do?

Many thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's gonna need plugging in really to find out what's going on. Have you tried locking and unlocking again?

It's not imob related as the car is allowing you to spin it over so its more likely to be something daft like a fuse to a circuit or a main power relay.

Mick

Clio 172
Have you tried locking and unlocking again?

Quick one mick, why does that fix things? I had a fault with my accelerator (whenever it was fully depressed, heartbeat light came on), locked and unlocked it went away!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It's the Renault equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and on again"

clio 172 cup
Yeah tried locking and unlocking, just stays on, I've swapped all the relays over with my friends apart from one, the pink one??? Could this be it? Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What stays on, the EFL? No, that's nothing to do with the key.

Personally, and with all due respect, I think that if you've not done anything and all the fuses have been confirmed as being okay then this will be beyond your ability to fix. Without seeing it/having the ability to test certain circuits/components then help will be tricky.

Mick

Clio 172
Far as Im aware, there's nothing electrical about the key. It's not an immobiliser fault as the car turns over. You checked all the fuses (both I'm the engine bay and fuse box inside the car?)

Check ones related to the engine etc first.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Far as Im aware, there's nothing electrical about the key. It's not an immobiliser fault as the car turns over. You checked all the fuses (both I'm the engine bay and fuse box inside the car?)

Check ones related to the engine etc first.

Thought the car still turns over with immobiliser faults, just dosnt fire (thats what my mk1 does anyway)?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Light goes on, light goes off = not security/key fault on any modern Renault from 1999 on.