ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Springs...which set goes lowest

Clio 182 FF inferno
Which springs go lowest on a Clio 182 cup?

Sportlines
Cooksports
Apex

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The Apex sit the lowest from what I have seen.

But they also ride the worst on a set of old standard front shocks.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
May as well chop your std springs if low is all your concerned with and probly give a better ride than APEX lol !!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I strangely didn't find Apex that bad, for the money they are "ok".

If you have good condition shocks, especially cup ones which are firmer so still manage to absorb shocks loads despite the smaller amount of travel, they arent too bad, if you are on old tired shocks though, they are horrendous.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Apex give a 60MM drop but are an awful drive.

People are praising the cooksport ones though.

RB Clio 182
Arnt apex 40ml? Thats what it said in the ad when i ordered them.

I dont find the ride any worse than normal tbh but my cars only done 49k so the shocks might still be ok, i like the height too, not stupidly low but fills the arch nicely imo.

Mental 172 Cup
Apex do not give a 60mm drop. More like 40mm.. Ride comfort will knock your fillings out.

Cooksports are lower on the front very slightly but same on the back.. But the ride comfort is slightly stiffer then standard..

Clio 182 Titanium
There is no way the apex springs on my 182 are only 40mm. I think they are 60mm drop front and 40mm rear. I'll be measuring the floor to arch height before I drop them out and fit the cook sports next week. The Apex are a hard ride but handled ok on the track. The roads round my way have deteriorated and I'm getting old so want a more comfortable ride. The apex will be sold off.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I know apex do 60MM ones.

I bought some for my old clio. I changed them after a few months for some 30MM ones as I hated the ride.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
My 182 non cup came with apex springs. It was lower than 40mm, the rears used to hit the standard tyres over any form of bump. Shocks might not of been in perfect condition but still they were an awful spring and I hated the way it looked. I don't think the renault sport clios suit being that low.

Mines now on Spax adjustable dampers with their 30mm springs and it sits much nicer!

RB Clio 182
My apex 40ml springs, not too low at all imo...

CAM00370.jpg