ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring rates

PH2 172 cup
I have a full track car
Custom cages international cage with some added bits
Pms rear weld in profile kit
Pms front wish bone gussets
I am ordering avos from pure with Laguna hub spacing for my roll centre kit

I like to have my car set up stiff
What Spring rates front and rear would people recommend?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I think this is a pretty personal thing as everyone will like the car to behave differently and prefer different rates.

I myself run AST's with 90nm front and 110nm rear an find it plenty stiff enough, i also have the RC kit from mark on here. Although i am considering droppng the rears to 80nm to make it a bit more compliant

I would suggest if possible getting a few different spring options and trying them out to find YOUR preferred rate. If springs are expensive from AVO direct, Faulkner offer loads of rates at good prices. Also sure @Russ_16v on here can get good prices on eibach springs

PH2 172 cup
Yeah I think that will be the case in ordering a few different rates! Trial n error! thanks for your help!

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
It will depend if they use the same diameter of spring, faulkner, eibach etc do various diameter springs anyway. Im sure if you speak to nick at PM he will advise you on the diameter of the springs the avos use.

The rear will possibly have to come from AVO, Eibach dependant on what rate you want as the smaller diameter spring used on the rear doesn't have as many options through faulkner.

PH2 172 cup
Right lovely what I'll do is Oder a set of Spring rates then just size up these AST springs I have when they turn up as there different rates and will trail both if they work see how it feels! On track!
Cheers for the help!