ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spring rates, gaz coillies

ph1-172
hey just bought a ph1 172 had it out on track at castle coombe on 25th was quite impressed with it but think it could be better.
i've been lookin at some coilovers and am kinda leaning towards gaz ones, a mates got them on a elise and they work awsome.

anyone on here got them fitted? have you had any issues?

also has anyone any ideas on spring rates? gonna be useing the car as a daily smoker, but give it an occasional kicking at trackdays.

cheers gareth

audi a6 3.0tdi
Hi mate

the gaz coilover never seem to get a good review on the clios. It seems the setup is just wrong and it affects the handling for the worse. They seem to work well on other manufactures cars but just not on the clios.

people usually reccomend h&r on here but they are a lot more expensive than the gaz. you could always try fk konigsports they have ride hight and damping adjustment and work out chearper than h&r.

RB 182 cup
ive got gaz on my 182 and after setting the damper as to how i wanted im more than happy with mine

ZX6R B1H
see all this bullshit about gaz stuff, Its f**king annoying. Everybody is different, everybody prefers a different setup. I'm on the look out for some coilovers for mine.

I can get a good deal on Gaz golds £620 delivered, Ive used spax RSX in the past, and fk Konigsports. The spax on my corsa which was a B road setup and it was awesome, the fk's on a road rally golf and again was awesome. I've used gaz on my nova but had it sooooooo low there was no or very little damper movement this was a euro project.

Ive just spent some time reading about what fred has to say about AST's, On track he is a pretty well established guy and hes saying the fronts are too hard.

This is really doing my nut in as i can't decide on what setup to go for.

ph1-172
ok so that just messed up which ones to buy. cheers everyone lol. i'm not puttin v-max on it saw the thread about the rear bushes and can't be arsed with that sorta crap.
can someone post links to good parts places, search engine only brings up ktr etc

cheers.

fad

Clio 182 FF
see all this bulls**t about gaz stuff, Its f**king annoying. Everybody is different, everybody prefers a different setup. I'm on the look out for some coilovers for mine.

I can get a good deal on Gaz golds £620 delivered, Ive used spax RSX in the past, and fk Konigsports. The spax on my corsa which was a B road setup and it was awesome, the fk's on a road rally golf and again was awesome. I've used gaz on my nova but had it sooooooo low there was no or very little damper movement this was a euro project.

Ive just spent some time reading about what fred has to say about AST's, On track he is a pretty well established guy and hes saying the fronts are too hard.

This is really doing my nut in as i can't decide on what setup to go for.

How can you get Gaz Golds for £620 lol!

As you say its mostly the bandwagon I've now been out in two Gaz set ups one was hard because the owner wanted it that way and the other was fine and compliant ne different to my Eibachs and standard shocks.

I would discuss with Gaz what the use of the car will be and then you can discuss what spring rates are best suited to that. Also if you not satisfied with them you can pop down there and they can adjust them to your liking.

I personally cant see them being worlds apart from the Leda set ups as their old R&D guy actually runs Gaz amd they also rebuild and service Leda shocks..

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
FLOL!

My Gaz were the worst thing ever to grace my old 172 Cup. Ruined it. Lasted a month. The end.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Do you know anyone with coilovers on a 172/182? You could go out in them and see which you prefer. Remember that if you get adjustable damping you can set them up to suit you.

I've got Gaz on mine, to be honest it's too low for optimal road handling but I only really chose them for looks. At the softest setting they're not a lot different to the standard suspension, then you can set them as hard as you like from there.

106 GTI
Ive got gaz and run a shorter spring on the front at 450lb, its way too hard a spring.

I think if someone whos knows what they are doing set them up they could be very good

ZX6R B1H
How can you get Gaz Golds for £620 lol!

As you say its mostly the bandwagon I've now been out in two Gaz set ups one was hard because the owner wanted it that way and the other was fine and compliant ne different to my Eibachs and standard shocks.

I would discuss with Gaz what the use of the car will be and then you can discuss what spring rates are best suited to that. Also if you not satisfied with them you can pop down there and they can adjust them to your liking.

I personally cant see them being worlds apart from the Leda set ups as their old R&D guy actually runs Gaz amd they also rebuild and service Leda shocks..

I have a mate within the Vx220 clubs, and he sorted out a deal with gazz threw the owner of GAZ, I've had a set off him in the past for my nova and my mate has made the guys a lot of money of the last few years. So, being pretty friendly with him, he speaks to the big man himself. I'm more interested in the gaz setup if they come with rear coilovers. If not i think i will be going for the Fk konigsports... Which reminds me i need to give the guys at Gaz a ring. I know the vx220 setup had problems to begin with and my mate helped to iron them out and now they are suppose to be a pretty good setup.

Oh its £640 as well, not £620 or somthing like that anyway.

fad

Clio 182 FF
Well I know someone who has contacts within Gaz and they offered me a good deal on a set with individual Gaz rear coilovers. Quite tempted but not to sure on how adjustable they are