ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spring Question... need an answer asap! :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Hi all, im just about to change the suspension on my clio, iv got the correct shocks for the front and back, but APEX sent me the wrong springs. I have a 1.2 MK1 PH3 and i ordered -60mm springs, and they have sent me 16v/williams springs that lower -30mm.

Iv searched over the forum but cant find a definate answer, will the 16v/williams springs fit onto my car ok? im aware that they will be stiffer due to the weight difference, but i wouldnt mind that...

Also, iv read a few places that the valver/williams is lower than the normal clios, so what would the total lowering of my car be (not looking for exsact numbers)...

please help asap as i need to either get them put on 2moz or sent back...

Skoda Fabia vRS
hmmm, id say that if you fitted 30mm 16v/willy springs to a non 16v/willy, then it would probably lower it 50/60mm

and im not certain, but id think they would fit fine mate, most of the clio springs are the same size, width wise anyway

golf
i dout they will lower much as the spring will be stronger to compensate with the weight of the larger 16v engine

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Thanks for the replys, Brun you were 100% correct! i went ahead and got them put on, they fit fine & lowered my car around 55mm :)

For those who might be interested, the springs work fine with the smaller engine, nice and firm round the corners but not too hard that it knocks the car apart. very happy with the new setup :)