ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spring compressors???

02 Clio 172
I will be fitting a set of coilovers soon and was wondering if I need to have a set of spring compressors or can I manage without? cheers

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Had to use them on my Trophy to get new springs onto the dampers though, even my brother and I putting our weight on the top hat we couldn't get nut on lol. Are the pistons shorter on the Sachs damper? Not had issue with the 182 cup dampers I used while the Sachs were getting refurbished or removing the old Springs from the Sachs for that matter :S

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
He is fitting coilovers so he won't be toughing the springs on the origanla dampers therefore no spring clamps.

Lionel Richie
Had to use them on my Trophy to get new springs onto the dampers though, even my brother and I putting our weight on the top hat we couldn't get nut on lol. Are the pistons shorter on the Sachs damper? Not had issue with the 182 cup dampers I used while the Sachs were getting refurbished or removing the old Springs from the Sachs for that matter :S

you need some snickers/yorkie bars in your life! ;)

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
i fooking piss my sides at freds comments,

he's in a leauge of his own that lad,

fred you always put a woppin big smile on my face wi your comments.

02 Clio 172
cheers boys, wasnt sure if I was going to have springs flying around when I changed them over!....yorkie bars in you life....:D