ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spring cleaned rb + a few mods...

R53 Cooper S
Decided to freshen up the rb by having the front end re-sprayed due to excessive stonechipping and booked it in for it's first ever detail...

also new this month;

k-tec cf splitter (bye bye meggy "plough"):dead:
cup racer tow eye
pressed plates
c2 aerial
new style rs badges (not shown)
painted bullets and front diamond in amphasite/rb lettering (also not shown)
bosch aero wipers
+ new cs.net sticker and tax disc holder:D

a week before it was due to go into the bodyshop the clutch decided it had had enough, so new clutch aswell!

future plans/still to do;

painted calipers (in rb) when i cba:eek:...
also gonna need an exhaust at some point in the near future as the old one is well on it's way out...thinking yozza or milltek but still unsure:S...

the following has been copy and pasted from another site i'm involved with...

c+c welcome...

col

xpressvalet v's Clio182 - DODO style
Hullo folks, a while since i had the time to do a full write up on a detail, but here goes on Colin's CLIO182.

Firstly Colin had decided to remove the stripes over the roof and bonnet etc leaving glue strips on paint, and also got the bonnet and front bumper freshly painted prior to the car coming here. So, the decision was to go for it big time on the other panels and take it nice and easy on the front end.

on arrival the car didn’t look too bad, the body shop had given it a wash ( haha )

clio182before1.jpg

clio182before2.jpg

Prefoam:

clio182prefoam1.jpg

clio182prefoam2.jpg

Rinsed with PW and then inspected. this car is by in far the worst condition i have ever seen for tar spots, the boot lid and both sides were covered.

clio182tarspots1.jpg

clio182tarspots2.jpg

clio182tarspots3.jpg

clio182tar5.jpg

clio182tarspots4.jpg

the areas were treated with TAR & GLUE remover and MF cloth to try and shift them, but that was not doing the job 100%

These areas where clay'd using an aggressive clay and MEGS QD lube.

clio182clay1.jpg

clio182clay2.jpg

Another foam:

clio182foam3.jpg

clio182foam4.jpg

This was left to dwell whilst the wheels got a little going over:

clio182wheel.jpg

clio182wheel2.jpg

The paint work was now washed:

clio182megsbucket.jpg

clio182handwash.jpg

rinsed by my assistant for the day "dodo-dean"

clio182finalrinse.jpg

Into the garage for paint inspection and taping up prior to machine polish:

clio182garage.jpg

Paint levels proved safe all-round and only told us what we already knew that the bonnet and front bumper had been re-painted.

clio182paintmeasure.jpg

Some shots of the car before showing paint defects already present and some mild marring by the clay process:

clio182swirl1.jpg

clio182swirl2.jpg

clio182swirl3.jpg

clio182swirl4.jpg

clio182swirl5.jpg

clio182swirl6.jpg

taped up and ready for action, menzerna 106 and 3.02 needed:

clio182taped1.jpg

clio182menz.jpg

clio182machine.jpg

The bonnet had Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish (non abrasive) applied with the makita at a slow speed due to new paint.

clio182bonnet.jpg

this was the level of correction after a couple of passes. Another pass took out the remaining swirls

clio1825050.jpg

clio18250501.jpg

clio18250502.jpg

The LSP for today was with a premium carnauba wax, this time it was DODO JUICE SUPERNATURAL WAX, expertly applied by "dodo-dean" :

clio182dodo.jpg

clio182dodo2.jpg

The interior got a little tidy up too, b4:

clio182interiorb4.jpg

after:

clio182interiorafter2.jpg

clio182interiorafter1.jpg

And finally, what we all want to see, the results:

clio182after1.jpg

clio182after2.jpg

clio182after3.jpg

clio182after4.jpg

clio182after5.jpg

clio182after6.jpg

clio182after7.jpg

clio182after8.jpg

clio182after9.jpg

clio182after10.jpg

clio182after11.jpg

clio182after12.jpg

clio182after13.jpg

clio182after14.jpg

clio182after16.jpg

Colin was given all the photographs + more on a CD of the full process, a paint thickness report and aftercare advice. Dodo Dean was on hand to help and did a top job, if you need Dodo'd, he's your man!!

Finally, Colin was a first rate customer and seems a top bloke with a pretty tidy Clio. thanks mate.

Comments and questions welcome.
Robert.

Fully mobile pro valet &detailing service based in livingston & serving central scotland.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Heavy bent!.. cost?

Looks loads better!

Stripes are gone too thank fvck!

Lupo GTI
Mate, that looks awesome.
Just had a look at your prices, do you take the car and bring it back?

xpressvalet van
Thought i'd log in and say hi ,also read all the positive comments col
Has been getting about his car. Its was myself that detailed this car,am happy to answer any questions just post or PM.Some nice subtle mods and looking real good in the flesh. Thanks to col for getting in touch.good luck with the future car care mate.robert.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Good to see u made the effort to join mate!

Ur work is very good!

I Have my own sexy detailer tho, or i'd give u a shout!

;)

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
looking great with you, excellent work by the detailer...........cant wait to pick my RB up soon, got the same ideas as you lol anthracite bullets with rb writing and colour coding the inside

xpressvalet van
Thanks for the welcome fellas . Using my mobile to sort just now but will check out my pm's once i get home.

Si

RS Clio 172
superb pics bud. makes me ashamed of my paintwork though! lol.

your tow-eye lets it down to be fair :p

xpressvalet van
That is superb! How do they do the carpet striping?

awesome, spend 19 hours machine polishing a car and waxing it and you're impressed by carpet stripes :D:D:D its top secret ! :rasp: only playing.

clio182interiorafter1.jpg

clio182interiorafter2.jpg

try running the vacuum end one way then 'tother like they cut the grass on a football pitch - easy !

Last edited:
  RB 182 Cup
looks better then new! should have left the stripes on though. How much did it come too? Mine needs claying and de swirling i think

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Jeeze...Was in shockin condition before hand! You washin it was a brillo pad!

Much better now.

xpressvalet van
Jeeze...Was in shockin condition before hand! You washin it was a brillo pad!

Much better now.

in Colins defence, the paint was not as bad as that when it turned up. the clay bar treatment to rid the cars paint of tar and other bonded contaminants causes the marring you mostly see.