ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spring action day ..

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've applied for a Cliosport stand, once I've had confirmation of the stand I'll start a thread in South West section.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
What club do you go with Andy, your own?
Yessir indeedy. :)

whats it getting done mate ? fingers crossed on decent weather too :)
It's getting loads done, mate. Cylinders bored to a slightly larger displacement, engine rebuilt with fully forged components, single piece valves, headwork, custom ITB setup, Schrick cams, gearbox rebuild, fitting a limited slip diff and a few other bits as well... ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sharky, lend Fred your car for a session and me and him can have a bit of a play as I will be there in my Turbo Clio :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well it will be your fuel he is wasting, so technically you will be paying to see it, flol.

Although probably fairer being me versus you as fred has mad skills.

Maybe I should get Josh to drive mine and you get Fred to drive yours, lol, that should end the turbo vs n/a debate ha ha

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I hear Fred has teh skillz so I'd happily pay the fuel costs to see this happen! But it's no good you and I going head-to-head as you are a far better driver than myself mate. :) Once I've got the 4 litre V8 NA installed and it's been mapped then I'll give you a call to arrange something... :p

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Mate, im distinctly average, im sure you could match me, but I totally agree Fred is doubtless far quicker than either of us.

I'll still give him a go though, combe being a bit of a power circuit should help cancel out the talent defect to still make it interesting. :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The club I help run havent had their tickets yet which is a little worrying less than 2 weeks to go.

Have you got the CS ones yet Tim?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Should think my own passenger seat will probably be filled as got a few people wanting to go out, but if you see me going out with an empty seat feel free to jump in as TBH if I can get the brakes done in time and my car works ok on the day it should be pretty impressive there, combe is a circuit that suits power and bravery and ive got a reasonable amount of both so would expect to be one of the quicker ones.

Although I do care more about my turbo than my old mk1 so probably wont match this level of commitment on camp (the most dangerous corner for non novices, quarry only tends to catch out the newcomers in general although there are exceptions of course)

370.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Matt was wondering if its gonna be a chav fest thats all lol

Bit of both, you do get chavvy cars there, including on track, but a lot of serious metal too.

Its the variety that makes me love the action days TBH, but you do have to accept that they involve delays and ques etc due to people stacking their car!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Let me know if you have space for a passenger Chris, and if you do sort it in advance so it's free for me I'll pay for a lap's worth of fuel ;)

iceberg phase 2 172
Bit of both, you do get chavvy cars there, including on track, but a lot of serious metal too.

Its the variety that makes me love the action days TBH, but you do have to accept that they involve delays and ques etc due to people stacking their car!
thats fair enough , is the actual show a good turnout aswell ? or isit mainly track focused ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
thats fair enough , is the actual show a good turnout aswell ? or isit mainly track focused ?

TBH mate I couldnt really tell you a lot about the details of the show as I normally spend most of the day on track, but there are quite a few club stands there so I would think its probably ok.