ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying KTR bonnet? price?

1.2 Clio Sport mk ll
hey guys ive been really interested in this KTEC RACING carbon fibre Bonnet on ebay, as this would be my first major mod i need some advice.

if i do go for it i want to get it sprayed to match the rest of the body work, will this work? or will it come out cack? and will it cost a hell of a lot to do?

The fitting shouldn't be a problem as a friend of the family can fit it free who's a mechanic. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....y=23012&clk_rvr_id=282404543646#ht_738wt_1396

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
what colour is your car ?

ideally.. it wants priming ( so none of the prev colour can bleed through). you then want the bonnet and both wings spraying so the colour can be blown into the wings and give a better match.

for me to do it would be approx 250 for a proper job.. some places will be more some will be less. or you could just get the bonnet painted for approx 100-150

Clio 197
why would you want to spray carbon - does that not defeat the object?

secondly please as scott.p said put a vented bonnet on a ph1 clio :)

Its entirly possible due to the type of coating (gel coat) they put on CF products that it will have to be completely stripped before spraying it........

LY R26 230 F1 Team
It is entirely possible, but worth it? No.
Vented CF bonnet will look crack.
Wouldn't bother with the hastle mate, on a 1.2 just spend the money on some nice 16' wheels and some decent springs and leave at that IMO

inferno 182.
just part painted my ktec carbon bonnet!!
fine to paint just needs lacquering first and blocking down before you refinish it to get rid of the weave in the carbon!!!
the bonnets are great but the finish is poor when you get it but east to rectify!!!
Its entirly possible due to the type of coating (gel coat) they put on CF products that it will have to be completely stripped before spraying it........