ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spraying inlet & cover

AB Clio 182 FF
I know there's a lot of threads on this already , but thought i would add to them lol .

thinkin of spraying up my inlet and cover , question is theres alot of mixed opinions on using high temp paint and some some say normal is fine ,
i have a few spare cans of halfrauds gloss black and was thinking of doing the inlets in that , would it stand the heat do you think ?

also what is the best way of spraying the renault sport writing on the inlet a different colour?

all advice welcome :)

Renault Clio RS182
Personally, i'd use high temperature paint and do the job properly rather than having to do it multiple times. You could mask the lettering up or maybe paint them with a brush?? :)

Astra (H) VXR
I use halfords rattle cans and it's been absolutely fine.. It's only the inlet and doesn't get all that hot... Mine has been done for two months now and bo bubbling or flaking. Plus you get a wider range of colours other than the high temp stuff.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338905656.448133.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338905672.798573.jpg

Astra (H) VXR
Gave it a good clean with engine degreaser then warm water. Left it to dry properly. 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint 2 coats of lacquer...

Then the plastic cover I wet sanded it all over to key the surface and then a few coats of plastic primer and candy white paint. Then I sanded it all again cos it had runs... 2 coats of paint but needs more cos I run out...

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I used that stove paint in matte black. Quick once over with wet and dry to get some of the big chunks off and then just blasted it with that, then sanded down the lettering back to silver. If I can do it anyone can! Dries quick too this stove paint.