ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spraying body kits

Motorbikes
Thinking of purchasing the Utopia body kit from K-tec for my Mk2 Ph1 clio, K-tec do not spray body work as they do not have the facilities so does anyone know anywhaere in central Scotland... ideally Stirling or Glasgow? Edinburgh is a bit far and I dont want to post it as it increases cost. How much does it cost to get body parts like this sprayed professionally?

cheers
steven

a burnt one
yup, £350 would be about the going rate, give or take a few bob, but its important not to penny pinch on jobs like that, you really do get what you pay for

best to get one as close as possible, its not going to be done in a day remember which means youre going to be without a car

and if youre a nosey git like me:approve: i know id be popping down every day for a progress report:eek:

Motorbikes
Is that not the sort of thing you can fit yourself, Gary? I was kinda hoping that i might be able to as my dad used to be a mechanic and could prob help out, its mostly just getting itsprayed that i'm after.

Steven

a burnt one
yeah, i was meaning best to get someone to spray it proffessionaly, you can fit kits yourself depending on the build quality of the kit and the experience of the person doing it, i dont doubt for a second youre dad is capable but there is a difference between a mechanic and a person who fits kits i.e a coachbuilder or proffesional bodyshop