ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportlines scraping

koi

Audi S1
Scraping from back right with people in the back. Anyone else have this?

Shocks have just been replaced all around earlier in the year so should be fine.

Would old springs cause this? Had a look and they look in one piece but rear right looked a bit rusty

koi

Audi S1
Yeah Renault ones, never usually have people I'm the back so first I've noticed it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Odd. Easiest way, don't give people lifts, lol. Does seem odd. It can only really be the shocks or springs.

ph2 clio sport 172
I had cooksports springs (lower then sportlines) and new cup dampeners (rears are all same) and had 3 mates in car with me (rugby players) and my car was fine, if that helps. Shouldn't be rubbing if they are tell your mates to lose weight or catch bus haha

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Is it on the outside (you'll see marks on the outer edge of your tyre) or the inside (you'll see marks on your arch liners)?
Standard wheels?
See where it's rubbing first.

CLK 55
I'm in the same boat, my fronts are catching. running eibach with std shocks. about to swap to new cup shocks all round in hope of a quick fix.. probably ready for a refresh after 89k mind..
I post with my findings

Many.
Depends where its rubbing on the front, I'm guessing its probably at full lock?
Bumper bracket probably needs bending out of the way, the extra caster wishbones don't help this issue.

koi

Audi S1
Wheels are Oz so sit a bit further out than standard.

Turns out it was catching on the rear arch liner, need to screw it back on and check it again.