ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sportlines on a 172........

RenaultSport 172
Hi guys. I know this has probably been done to death but I just want some reassurance before I buy.
I want to lower the car slightly purely for looks. I do not want to ruin the ride quality or bodge the standard handling which I find is great.
How much difference will I notice with sportlines? I know the car should handle better, but my main concern is that the ride will be too stiff.
Can anyone who's done it let me know???

Thanks
Steve

Ride will be firmer but not drastically so. DynamiqueDebs had the same concerns and went for Eibach Prolines with the Eibach Dampers and was over joyed with the results.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
^^ +1

the ride is no harder rounf town bumps ect then std

looks better and goes round the bends better;)

RenaultSport 172
Tempting mate but I'm ill at the moment, and can't be bothered to go that far anyway. I'm gonna get them fitted so I reckon they'll want me to buy the springs off them too.

Thanks though
Steve

Elise S1 B&C 140
Yeah got my Sportlines for xmas, really pleased with the height and ride quality.

You wont be dissapointed.

LY V6 with Recaros
I've got sportlines on my 182, the ride is not much harder tbh, just better handling and looks.

172 Race Car
Took the eibach prolines off my 172 ph2 yesterday (car is going) and had to do a fair bit of driving today. The difference is very noticable on cornering, actually felt scary, Lol. So used to the sharp direction change of the eibach's

clio 172
is this the eibach's sportlines 30mm springs from the ktec website your speaking about?
if so would i be better to change the shocks aswel?

RenaultSport 172
Yes Eibach's are what we're talking about. There's no way I'm changing the shocks, just the springs.

Steve

"Navy" N17 TWO
Who makes the standard setup in the full-fat 172s?
I really like it, just think a subtle drop would be great :)

Clio MK 4
I want some aswell but want a bit more of a drop so i'm undecided. think i may have to go for collies but cost loads more and ride will be stiffer

RenaultSport 172
In my opinion coilovers will just ruin your car. No point in them really unless you are gonna use it on track a lot.

Christophe if youn want a god drop then get some H&R coilovers and get them properly setup. It wont ruin your car, but will be a lot firmer, but thats something that cant be avoided when going low.

PH1 172
Get a pair of sportlines ready to go on the car and after reading this thread I am glad I purchased them and can't wait to get them on. As for APEX springs steer clear as they are pretty bad so I have heard from a few people

RenaultSport 172
Christophe, you can't have it both ways. If you want it low then you will have to have it stiff.
I'd suggest a compromise