ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport seat upgrade

172 Rep
Purchased a sport interior for my 1.2 clio, having a complete ass of a job with removing the old seats, anyone able to shed some light and give me a hand with this? Can travel obviously, essex /london area

What you struggling with bud?

4 bolts underneath per front seat, 8 in total. 2 are behind rubber caps (2 closest to the edge of the car), and the other 2 are behind the exhaust heatsheild in the centre. if you get right under you can see them, there is cut-outs to get to them. you'll need a deep 13mm socket & extension bar to reach them. once they're all undone the seat lifts out, but MAKE SURE you unplug the airbag/pretensioner cables BEFORE you lift them out completely or you could damage the wiring.

The backs, there are 3 gold bolts holding it all in. open the boot and you can see them behind the seats. i advise soaking them in wd40 from underneath the car as they are a b**ch to remove aha! once theyre off the back's lift out of the car. the bottom half of the bench then tilts forward and pulls out!

And thats pretty much it dude :)

JLK

1.2 Replica
Purchased a sport interior for my 1.2 clio, having a complete ass of a job with removing the old seats, anyone able to shed some light and give me a hand with this? Can travel obviously, essex /london area

If your willing to travel to Croydon Area I could help you mate, be careful when your doing the front seat wiring as you could end up with Airbag + Service light on...

On the old seats or new ones?

When you say rounded off..
Is the bolt still on there or just broken off?

Tried beating a smaller socket over it?

Last edited: