ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sport seat problems?!

ive got a clio mk2 facelift 5 door, ive seen people with 5 doors with the 172/182 seats in them but im not sure if there a straight swap or if they need modifying? also are all airbag plugs for the seats the same size in clios? any help would be most appreciated! cheers!

MK2 Clio
Airbag Plugs need changing, god give them a chance 1 hour before bumping... Airbag wires you can re-wire yourself

Pretty sure both front and back fit without modifying. Fronts defo should.
Airbag connectors could be the same. Depends if your existing seats have airbags in them. If not you can always just use resistors.

Airbag Plugs need changing, god give them a chance 1 hour before bumping... Airbag wires you can re-wire yourself

how difficult are they to re wire? bare in mind im 17 and have no wiring know how at all ;)

Pretty sure both front and back fit without modifying. Fronts defo should.
Airbag connectors could be the same. Depends if your existing seats have airbags in them. If not you can always just use resistors.

are there much diffence between 172/182 seats other than the price?!

MK2 Clio
The connectors are different from what I remember, the easiest way is not to change the runners over ;0 saved me 30 minutes atleast

The connectors are different from what I remember, the easiest way is not to change the runners over ;0 saved me 30 minutes atleast

as in just re mount the seat on the 5 door runners? will the tilt and slide mechanism need removing for this? sorry if these are blatant questions! i have looked on how toos but have had noo luck! newbie to the car world ya see ;)

MK2 Clio
Yeah its the same setup, just the sport come with height adjusters (make it higher - pointless) there are screws using a torq screwdriver you can use

Its just as easy swapping the runners too? If not easier?
The whole thing is just four nuts a seat. One in each corner. Undo from underneath the car.

Removing the runners you have to undo more nuts, remove plastic covers, and risk damaging the seat position sensor on the drivers side.

If you get them, get Ph2 172/182 Seats. These are essentially the same, just different coloured dots on the seat material.
Ph1 172 are slightly different colour. Not as nice imo. Airbag connections should be the same if you get ph2 172 or 182 ones too.

I've literally just made a guide regarding airbag wiring in the guides section too!

MK2 Clio
the only reason I didn't change runners was I found inner bolts were hidden behind exhaust or a heat cover - can't remember