ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport rear bumper pictures

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Having recently fitted a sport rear bumper to my non sport i was wondering what colour people usually do the removable plastic strip, as I've colour coded all the car it seems stupid to put back a piece of shocking grey plastic.
so my question is - do people paint this part black or colour code it also, and does anyone have any pictures of there's to compare :)

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
I have painted it black but not sure if it looks right or not lol thinking it may look better colour coded, think in any case both are better than it just being grey

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
Will do tomorrow, haven't got one at the mo and I'm at work, it's not actually on the bumper at the moment because I don't wana mess about removing it again

Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
not the greatest pic as it was so sunny and taken on my iphone. actually now it's on the car i don't think it looks too bad painted black

http://

photo_zps6a53c684.jpg

Attachments

• photo_zps6a53c684.jpg
    photo_zps6a53c684.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 23
  Clio mk2 1.4 ph3
to be honest I don't think it looks too bad standard on a sport, just seemed to defeat the object of colour coding the rest of the car and after the time/effort/money invested in removing the grey plastics putting a piece intentionally into the new bumper was daft. Seems like the consensus is to leave it painted black so I think this is what I will do. Cheers for the advice + pics guys

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
Sorry to drag an oldish thread up from the dead, but are they easy to fit? I'm assuming they're just a straight swap, but are they any wider than the non-sport bumpers like the front ones are? Cheers

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
A couple of the bolts can be a real sod to get undone as the clips they bolt into rust and spin round but no I did it on my own no real issues. Put a blanket down in case you do drop it to stop anything nasty occurring!

Derv 65, MPG > BHP
I get what you mean, I've had the front off to fit quick release fasteners and some of the rusted screws were a bit of a b*stard.
Is there a difference in width like on the front bumpers? I've already got stretched tyres and spacers on the back, so hopefully it won't make too much difference.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Might sound daft but I thought colour coding was basically getting paint matching the body's paint code