ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sport interior in my 1.2 5 door..

A slow blue one.
Few quick questions...

Will the sport interior front seats fit straight onto the standard frames in my 1.2 or will I need new runners too?
Also I'm thinking of going for the sport door cards, now I know the interior will be a snap to fit in the front doors however my question is what about the rear doors, will the rear sport door cards fit into a 5 door model's rear doors?

Cheers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Seats will fit straight in, nothing else required.

Doors are a completely different size so no go i'm afraid.

A slow blue one.
I knew that'd be the answer even as I was typing my question, se la vie. Thanks for your quick replies Daniel & clancy.
If I did go for the sport interior what would my options be as regards the door cards, they of course have the patterned fabric on the arm rests. I was contemplating getting it re-trimmed to a fabric more fitting with the sport interior but have a feeling that'd be very expensive. Any other options?

If there would be no other way to match the fabrics a little better for an affordable sum I might just leave it as is and learn my lesson and next time not buy a 5 door.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
options would be to get the seats. then find the nearest 5door door cards to the seats. theres some door cars which are nearly all black which would be ok with ph2 sport seats.

or have the door cards re-trimmed to match the seats but may work out deer. you could buy the seats and put them in for a start. what are your current door cards like?

Re-trim your self you pull the material over the part, staple/glue/melt it/fiberglass (whatever you like :p it in underneath and clip it back in.

A slow blue one.
Condition, they're pretty good. The car was owned from new by a family member who used it for commutes to work, she was a teacher so not the type to go hooning around.
Some light marks but nothing a little APC or interior cleaner wouldn't shift.

A slow blue one.
Re-trim your self you pull the material over the part, staple/glue/melt it/fiberglass (whatever you like :p it in underneath and clip it back in.

I'm half tempted to try and remove the interior trim at some point and see how difficult it would be to do myself. As long as it looks neat when it's fitted it can look like a dogs dinner on the reverse side because you're never going to see that.

A slow blue one.
Oh sorry, well it's a navy material with what looks like small diamond shaped blobs of colour. I'll see if I can find a picture or something...

MK3 GTI golf 16v
hrmm, one of the clio models (non sport) dynamique i think.... has door cards which are basicly black, get hold of some of them and there pretty close to phase 2 sport seats

A slow blue one.
Alright, I'll see what I can dig up and see how much cash I've got left after all the bills have been sorted after pay-day. Thanks for your help!