ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spongy pedal

clio 172
i seem to have a spongy pedal under hard braking as in i hit the pedal it then sinks an inch then brakes are on was thinking air in system if so whats the best fluid to replace because wanna flush old fluid for new is there a guide. thanks in advance phil

Worth doing your fluid, definately. Loads of advice on bleeding on here, just be careful not to get air into the system.

Also check that your pads are free to move in the caliper, not wedged tight through poor fitment or a build up of dust and corrosion.

ok thanks got an easy bleed what recon on tht

I've used one in the past when I had pugs, a bit fiddly to set up but worked ok really (10 psi is plenty, don't over pressurise)

Never tried the kit with the clio as I prefer to gravity bleed now - takes a while but effortless process if your cars up on stands and your on with other jobs. Don't think it's a popular way though?

Clio Sport 172
Hi guys, I've recently replaced the rear hub/disks and pads on the rear of my RS172, and the O/S handbrake cable. And since then the brakes have been spongy and soft, and less effective. When we wound the caliper pistons back there was no sign of fluid leakage, and nor has there been since. Despite this we have bled all four calipers with no sign of air coming out of the system, we replaced approx 400ml of brake fluid. Any ideas as we're puzzled. Thanks in advance. Any help would be much appreciated

DCI100
bleed it using a pressure bleed kit (from halfords) may be air stuck in the pipe somwhere. worked for me

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
i meant did you remove the brake fluid cap before pushing the piston back in the caliper because if not it can damage seals from trying to compress the fluid