ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spongy brake pedal after trackday :-(

182 inside
Hi all, recently went to snetterton for a trackday. on the journey home the brake pedal became spongy and braking became a battle.

i have bled the brake system through manually twice and still spongy.
Has anyone come across this and is there any solution.

Is the master cylinder knackered? or do i need to pressure bleed the system?

any advice would be helpful. urgent replies needed as i can't use the car properly till this is fixed.

And it's the ff 172 with abs and esp.
;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I would of said boiled fluid, but if you have changed it since. Maybe air in the sytem.

I was the opposite, my brakes were ok. Then trackday & they were great.

Does the level go down mark on the tank exactly where it is and check it in the next few days if it goes down then youv got a leak and maybe the master cylinder is on its way out. if it doesnt go down perhaps there is air trapped somewhere in the system.

Lionel Richie
hum, i would suggest you've got air in the abs pump

go and fire off the abs a few times, then pressure bleed it (manually, not with the easzibleed crap)

I what say the Yellow are fcuked Fred you much re mender the first time we met and Yoz tuke my car out with no brake he said I had boiled the fluid but no the Yellows were at fault