ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spluttering Problem with my valver

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Hi, My 1992 valver is spluttering under load 80% of the time due to (what I think is) over/under fueling. The plug on cylinder 3 after a run is wet with fuel.

Changed the plugs, Fuel filter, Injectors and am still getting the problem.

Can anyone think of what could be causing this? I have been trying to figure it out for a week with no hope.

Cheers, Ash.

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
And the last thing I did before it monged out was to change the Stat. and It seems to be running a bit hotter, even after bleeding.

Only thing that would be causing the plug on cylinder 3 to be wet with fuel is if its leaking out when its under compression, whihc woudl explain the lack of power....lack of compression in cylinder 3.

Check teh seal between the pulg and the head

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Right, Sorted it.

New Oxygen sensor! works perfect again, And the new injectors seem to have sorted bottom end power out to as the old ones failed the Lucas pressure leak test.

Are these Ecotec valves any good? Never used anything like that to gain power and MPG. Some people think they are good, Some bad?

Cheers again.