ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spigot bearing seal? Seal between spigot shaft and bell housing?

172 Iceberg
Hi folks,

A while back the release bearing failed on my '03 172 Clio. A full clutch kit replaced the old clutch and bearing. The car was running well after the fix with no noises and everything was smooth. After a few days driving I noticed gearbox oil leaking so I booked the car in with the mechanic again to have a look.

The mechanic is having trouble getting a part that he feels is needed. He says that there is a seal that needs replaced where the spigot shaft goes into the bell housing of the gearbox. I know there is a bearing there, which I assume is a spigot bearing - but is there a seal that comes with that bearing. The Renault parts dealer that my mechanic is asking does not seem to have the knowledge, or locate the part…

Can anyone help out and give me a better understanding of what is needed?

BMW M135i
I'm assuming this is the input shaft bearing/seal? You can get them i've changed one before, you have to split the box to do it though.

Dialogys isn't overly clear so i'm not going to post any part numbers because it could be anyone of 3 from the drawings.