ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo sensor

Cliosport 172 cu
Changed speedo sensor on 172 cup but problem is when I'm doing 40mph on clock it's only saying around 30mph when I plug my tool in it says reprogram installation which I wouldn't of thought you would have to do with a speedo sensor any ideas or is just a faulty new one

Clio 172
I would have thought that if the speedo sensor was faulty, it would show the ABS lights on your dash. Have you have the clocks out at any time and messed with the needle?

Also, how do you know your doing 40? Are you also using a GPS?

Cliosport 172 cu
Yep used sat nav also had some one follow me to test and I left them at 30mph
And nope not touched clocks at all

Clio 172
What was the car doing before you had to change the sensor? i.e was the speedo not working at all? I wouldnt have thought that a speedo sensor would need to be collaborated, but could be wrong. Can the message from your diagnostic be reset in the same way a standard fault code can be reset?

Cliosport 172 cu
It was dropping to 0 then going back to normal keepet doing that so I changed but when I plug my tool in it says reprogram installation it's just like the renault clip I've got