ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo + Revs out!!!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Riiight what could/would this be?

My car has been chipped and limits at 6800/6900. Fine. Most of the time the rev counter shows right and goes all the way to where it should. However sometimes it will limit at 5800, 6000, 6200 whenever it decides?! The engine will be at its max revs though as you can tell by the engine note. Its just annoying having to guess when ther limiters here! :confused:

Also last night on a private runway i had a fifth gear blast with my mate in his octy vrs. Mine went to the limiter in fifth and said it was doing 135 yet my mate said i was still accerating away when his showed 140!! Whats this about?

Anyone know how i can sort this?

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

My rev counter gave a false reading when the battery was knackered I noticed.Seemed to flap around all over the place.

On my standard limiter I get about 135ish(bit less) in 5th so your 6900 will be more m8.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers tucks. Been told by the wc lot it will be the dials that are fecking up. someone else has had it before.

I knew there was probs something up with the mph by the way my mates car was reading something totaly diff to mine and his is a standard brand new vag. and i trust vag more than renault! lol