ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo problem! 172 Gearbox fitted doesn't have that speedo drive!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Not sure on a 182 one working but you know you need the key and ecu too?

just get it sorted in clip seems logical answer.

phase 2 172 track
I know I need the kit. You said that 2 posts ago lol. For all the price people are asking for a kit it's probably cheaper to change it all. Further to that I have my dash out so it would be handy changed. Just weighing up my options.

But then if you change the lot, and the key decides to s**t itself, it's impossible to get a new key programmed.

You need to see if the ABS Module is giving the speed signal.

Just weighing up my options.

you just need someone like @MicKPM or myself who knows their way around CLiP.

needs to be plugged into "clip" (renault official software). no other way around it.

Recoding by someone who really knows their way around CLiP

just get it sorted in clip seems logical answer.

FOR f***s SAKE. GET IT DONE ON f**king CLiP.

phase 2 172 track
Just to update. I have fitted a 182 set of clocks and re calibrated them to take the speed from abs unit. Was previously gearbox and now comes up abs unit. Still no joy, tried the original 172 clocks and it made no difference either.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
What version ABS is on the vehicle (it's on a little white sticker) and did you confirm it was actually outputting a speed signal? In fact, are you sure you've wired it right?

phase 2 172 track
Where abouts is the sticker? I don't know if it was outputting a speed signal or not just seen it was changed from sensor in gearbox to sensor in abs unit... something g along those lines. wired what right?

Clio 172 & 205 gti
Sorry to bring up an old thread, I have a 2002 172 with a 182 gearbox and the speedo isn't working.
If you have a regular 172 however, you just need someone like MicKPM or myself who knows their way around CLiP.
I have access to a clip and was wondering if some could explain where to go on clip to reconfigure the speedo
Thanks Paul

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sorry to bring up an old thread, I have a 2002 172 with a 182 gearbox and the speedo isn't working.

I have access to a clip and was wondering if some could explain where to go on clip to reconfigure the speedo
Thanks Paul
You do into connection unit, configurations and then change the speed setting to ABS. From memory the ignition needs to be off for this to work but I can't remember as haven't done it for a while. It gives you all the instructions as you're doing it.

Below example is from a diesel with slightly different clocks but it's the same principle :)
Screenshot%202014-05-28%2015.55.52_zpsgoyfsnqr.png

Clio 172 & 205 gti
You do into connection unit, configurations and then change the speed setting to ABS. From memory the ignition needs to be off for this to work but I can't remember as haven't done it for a while. It gives you all the instructions as you're doing it.

Below example is from a diesel with slightly different clocks but it's the same principle :smile:
Screenshot%202014-05-28%2015.55.52_zpsgoyfsnqr.png

I was in the right part but I didn't heave the ignition off. I've got it saying speed signal from the abs but the speedo still not working will I need to connect the wire from the speedo drive plug to the abs pump plug? If I go into the abs computer and check the wheel speed all 4 wheel are getting a reading just no speedo.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
shouldn't need to no. This is a bit from a french forum on how to correctly configure clocks.

To perform a configuration dashboard, follow the essential steps below:

1 - Make a multiplex network test and ensure compliance. If the multiplex network is not
compliant (see MR multiplexing). 2 -. Disconnect then reconnect the battery 3 - Connect the diagnostic tool. 4 - Make a "test computers." 5 - Select "Network MUX" and confirm. CAUTION: Do not turn the ignition as indicated and confirm. 6 - Exit the result of MUX network. 7 - Select "Case Interconnection." 8 - Select "Command Mode". 9 - Select "Setup". 10 - Select CF 719 "type dashboard." 11 - Follow the progress of the procedure. 12 - Turn the ignition switch as shown to validate configurations. 13 - Cut and then turn the ignition before the select command CF 719 "type dashboard" to check if the settings have been accepted. 14 - Ensuring the absence of default picture : Here, there is just the small print procedure on a piece of paper and move to a nice little for renault you do the procedure

Clio 172 & 205 gti
I've had another go at trying to reconfigure this but it keeps changing its self back to speed sensor not sure if I'm doing something wrong. It does change to abs but if I unplug the clip and go back into it it's changed back. Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks