ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo falt

I have a 172 with a speedo that works fine for about 10 minutes and then goes to zero. Can someone tell me where to find the speedo sensor.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
What year? Mine was 02 plate and the speedo would often bounce around. The sensor plugged in down the back of the engine, easily reachable.

Hey thanks for that. Have found it BUT how does it come out? There are 2 clips that I assume need depressing and then pull but it doesn't want to come out. I wrestled with one on my spare engine/gearbox and it was a real mission and that was not in the cramped confines of the car.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hey thanks for that. Have found it BUT how does it come out? There are 2 clips that I assume need depressing and then pull but it doesn't want to come out. I wrestled with one on my spare engine/gearbox and it was a real mission and that was not in the cramped confines of the car.

I paid @Mike@Rentech to do it, but watched. He literally put his arm down the back of the engine and pulled it out, and replaced, so there must be a knack to it!