ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedo and Sound Video

S4 Avant
Now which track in the UK has dashed white lines down the middle? :rasp:

Looks very quick, do want.

To get under 5 seconds, you would need to weigh about 950kg with your power, assuming you get an awesome start.

To get 10 seconds 0-100 you would need about 300bhp with the same power.

Its quick dont get me wrong :)

To get under 5 seconds, you would need to weigh about 950kg with your power, assuming you get an awesome start. *

To get 10 seconds 0-100 you would need about 300bhp with the same power.

Its quick dont get me wrong :)

*and very good tyres with perfect grip...

Lighter you go less grip with the more power obviously. My speedo shoots upto 80 in under 5 seconds, but its all wheelspin obviously.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Sounds epic Adam, really must come and hear this in the flesh one day.

EDIT: Also, is that a cop car I see coming the other way at 0:04 (second video) or are my eyes deceiving me?

182 S
I count about 6.

LOL at under 5

LOL yeah if u count from the start. I'm not even moving till about 4-5 seconds in it. Not to worry. Didn't want this to turn in to a c**k swinging contest. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion :) thanks for watching anyways

182 S
Sounds epic Adam, really must come and hear this in the flesh one day.

EDIT: Also, is that a cop car I see coming the other way at 0:04 (second video) or are my eyes deceiving me?

haha I didn't see any cop cars! Next Sunday mate ( weather depending ) we will have to meet up, go for a spin in. Turbo vs SC lol u can have a go, see how much different power delivery is. would be interesting to see the difference

DMS

A thirsty 172
haha I didn't see any cop cars! Next Sunday mate ( weather depending ) we will have to meet up, go for a spin in. Turbo vs SC lol u can have a go, see how much different power delivery is. would be interesting to see the difference

Yeah sounds like a plan. I still haven't been in a supercharged 1*2 yet and I'm interested in seeing what it's like. What's yours putting out at the minute?
Either way I'm sure it'll be awesome. You might even like the turbo kit too :p

SQ5
Mine must be at LEAST 50kg lighter than yours and less than 5 seconds to 60 is laughable as is 10 to 100 PMSL!! I would post a video of my speedo, but I'm not stupid enough to do it on a public highway!

DMS

A thirsty 172
What's that app called for the iPhone that is meant to test your 0-60 times? I want to go and see what mine can supposedly do now :eek:

Last edited:
  Track 172 & Golf R32
What's that app called for the iPhone that is meant to test your 0-60 times? I want to go and see what mine can supposedly do now :eek:

lol i had a play with an app called dynalicious that gives you a HP reading aswell i was hitting 350bhp and 0-60 in 4 secs :S

182 S
Mine must be at LEAST 50kg lighter than yours and less than 5 seconds to 60 is laughable as is 10 to 100 PMSL!! I would post a video of my speedo, but I'm not stupid enough to do it on a public highway!

I think we r running about same bhp and torque. Noticed one of your threads saying you beat a Vxr by a couple of car lengths. I've had a play with 2 vxrs and destroyed them both by alot more than 2 car lengths. Obviously this depends on how far u were going. If your only couple hundred metres or so then fair enough. I've got exaltos on the front with very little tread left and the road is bone dry and a stripped rear. My power curve is really smooth with no dips at all.

With a friend timing I've hit 60 in 4.8 , 4.9 and slowest is 5.3

brother has a focust st mountune with a proven 0 to 60 of 5.6. I beat him everytime. I no I'm contradicting myself now as I said I didn't want to c*** swing, just annoys me when the video is right there and people are saying it's not as quick as it clearly is

The video clearly shows it not doing 0-60 in under 5 seconds like you claim.

You're mate timing is hardly the most scientific instrument, just judging by the gap in times, how quick he is to hit the button when starting and stopping etc.

Get it done properly, then post it.

Would be interesting to actually see a 1/4 mile terminal speed of a s/charged 1*2 at Santa Pod or York, then that would be proof of what they can/cant do.

DMS

A thirsty 172
Another thing to bear in mind is that the speedo's aren't bang on accurate, so what looks like 60mph on the speedo is probably only about 55 - 57mph. Plus 0-60 is actually normally measured as 0-62mph (0-100kmh). The result... the car will look a little quicker than it actually is (admittedly not by much though).

Will they be doing the 0-60 / 0-100 timing at FCS again this year? They did a couple of years back I think, with proper GPS equipment?

EDIT: It may have been quarter mile timing instead though, unsure?

tbh I think you guys are over analysing this a bit (you included adam ;)) Watch the vid, from 40mph upwards that car is quick end of. I'd like to see it go further, but you probably ran out of runway by then...

Coupe/Defender V8
If it's anything like K-Tecs demo car it will probably go A LOT further.

tbh High 5's is possible with over 200ftlbs providing you don't rape the launch & gearbox *looks at Benstevo*

172 Cup
does sound good and looks quick, however that "track" looked kinda busy for those speeds, be careful where you do those things! Was it a 40 zone?