ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speedlimiter works, cruise control not

Clio 2 phase 2 RS172
Hi guys,

Ive been busy with retrofitting cruisecontrol to my 172 from 2002.
I cant find the loom for the clutch switch. Seems the car dont have it.
There is a aftermarket alarmsystem in it, maybe it have something to do with it?
Searched all over the forum but i can't find any solution.
Maybe you guys can help me out?

Here some pictures:

Foto550-RQP8EIBO.jpg

Foto550-RQW34RTB.jpg

Foto550-DNI8M8QX.jpg

This is where the loom should be i guess
Foto550-TIIIGQZJ.jpg

Foto550-BHDFEY7D.jpg

Foto550-AHNQ4XOJ.jpg

And i know that i need to drive faster than 30km/h or 18 mph. But still i have no idea what to do.

Thanks,

Huub

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
You've obviously got the system working to get your speed limiter to work.

have a look at my guide for cruise control and connect the 12v coming out of the switch to the wire back for cruise. If that doesn't work and it does for speed limiter then the wire to the ECU must be broken somewhere

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Clutch switch loom has a big purple plug on the end, it will tooked up under the dash somewhere above the pedals

Clio 2 phase 2 RS172
Thanks guys, but the loom isn't there!
I'll sign up when i get my paypall working to check you're guide!

can i do anything else maybe?

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
For ref though the cruise system will work without a clutch switch though

If the loom is there you can bridge the connection without the switch, pressing the clutch will not cancel cruise control though if you do this.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It does actually cancel but it just takes a second longer and feels a little rough!

sorry I didn't see you weren't a member. Put a wire between a2 and a3 (cruise on) and then a2 and b1 (speed limiter on)

Clio 2 phase 2 RS172
It does actually cancel but it just takes a second longer and feels a little rough!

sorry I didn't see you weren't a member. Put a wire between a2 and a3 (cruise on) and then a2 and b1 (speed limiter on)

Thanks man, but i have no idea where i can find a2 a3 and a2 a1 haha. I'll wait for my paypall so i can check the guide :)

cheers

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's the plug that goes into the cruise control switch. The wire numbers are on the pins of the switch

Westfield, 182, 200
I've just retrofitted mine, cruise wouldn't work without a clutch switch.
I bridged the two pins out whilst I'm waiting for the switch and its working fine now!

Looks like the switch bracket on the clutch is missing? Will check mine when it stops raining!

Clio 2 phase 2 RS172
Yeah, but i can't bridge the 2 pins because there is no loom. So i need to bridge it on the ECU i guess?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I've just retrofitted mine, cruise wouldn't work without a clutch switch.
I bridged the two pins out whilst I'm waiting for the switch and its working fine now!

Looks like the switch bracket on the clutch is missing? Will check mine when it stops raining!

It is missing from the photo. To bridge the clutch switch you will need to ground the wire coming out of the ecu for the cruise control. However I don't think this is the problem as your speed limited works. Have you tried my test yet?

Westfield, 182, 200
It is missing from the photo. To bridge the clutch switch you will need to ground the wire coming out of the ecu for the cruise control. However I don't think this is the problem as your speed limited works. Have you tried my test yet?

Sure the speed limiter worked on mine before I bridged the clutch switch?

Clio 2 phase 2 RS172
image.jpg

Opened the ECU, as in the guide. But now i have no idea what to do. Thought it was easy haha. Graham, can you help me?

Clio 2 phase 2 RS172
FOUND IT! Seems like the wires where cut. So i searched for the loom, was niceley worked away.
image.jpg
So i connected the 2 loose wires and it worked. Thanks for the help folks!

cheers