ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speeding and Fines and Endorsements

hi people i just got pulled by the police by a laser detector doing 44 in a 30 main road from 323m away

wasnt intentionally speeding just driving normally, and i had already just got back from the police 3 points and just been driving a year. so i got in the back of the car and he started showing the laser and said right im afraid im gonna have to give u a ticket. didnt have at id on me did all the checks and started writing out the speeding red ticket to straight away give the additional 3 points. then he did a check and saw i have just received the some 3 points a while back. so just gave ma produccer and given me a summon does any one know what could be the reasons i might get when i go in court

banned , disqualified

should i start getting a tracker like a road angel adn i know slow down

Black 182 + Recaros

Im not sure how many points for speeding, but I doubt youll get disqualified for speeding. You were only doing 44. Its bad but not that bad. I think we all sometimes go 40 in a thirty zone.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

unlucky mate!

i think you are looking at a ban TBH

you have to be very careful during your first two years of driving, i have three points and can not afford another 3 or i lose my lisence, so i jump in someone elses car whenever possible

Iceburg 172FF

If you already have 3 points and have just got caught again doing 44 you will most likely recieve another 3, and as you are still in the probationary period 6 points = ban unless you can prove exceptional hardship by being banned, ie not being able to do your job without a car your gonna have to get a bike or a bus pass im afraid.

Your gonna be banned for that mate, but its not all bad... you will be able to re apply for your theory + driving tests again pretty quickly and it should all be a lot easier then last time!

When you get your new licence youll be able to have 12 points aka a normal driver but the 6 already on your licence will remain. So basically youll still have to take it fairly easy until 3 years from your original speeding offence.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

somebody else in the same boat, well kinda

i was gunned 2 months into driving and i was doing 43 in a 30, i did not get pulled but got a letter, it said i had 3 points and £60 fine.

2 months away from the end of the 2 year probation period i got pulled in swansea, my first time there ever. i was on a dual carriageway so i thought it was a 60, i got pulled and was told it was a 30, there was f**k all signs, knowing what 3 points would do i pleaded, but the cop gave them to me.

this meant that i lost my licence. you lose your licence and have to go through everything again, theory and practical test.. and no the points stay on your licence,

welcome to the very expensive insurance for a small engine car club...

i now drive on the speed limit everywhere, it annoys people just as much as speeding does....

hope that helps (if you need to know anything else pm me)

Snotter's

i just got 9 points in the space of 3 weeks and to top it off i wrote my car off sat nite,im contesting the points due to a speedo prob !!!!!!!!!!!