ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed camera detectors

APR LCR225
I have a snooper evolution with additional remote plug in RLD (remote laser detection) and its been pretty good. My dad has the road angel which is pretty good too.

Recaro'd 182
apart from the price difference whats the difference they both detect the same types of camera. Is the database more accurate on the road angel?

Current ride - my Adidas!
its always the mobile laser stuff i think u need 2 kno about. i dont remember the last time i said "oh sh*t theres a fixed camera"

APR LCR225
apart from the price difference whats the difference they both detect the same types of camera. Is the database more accurate on the road angel?

Reason i got the snooper is because it covered everything, and i cant afford it not to,lol! As for the accuracy, my dads angel seems to pick up the same sites/lasers as mine, but with a more irritating alert noise!lol! Think he prefers mine tbh..

ibiza cupra
tut tut these are illegal you know lol. unless they use gps to detect the cameras then they are not raod legal so dont let the ol` bill see them lol

they ARE STILL legal.no law has been passed.for the past 4 years there has been an attempt to pass a law banning laser detectors but it hasnt been done

APR LCR225
Aye, fully legal in this country, some foreign countries do not allow laser detection, as you can turn the function off on mine. You aint allowed laser jammers though;)

ibiza cupra
sure they did somthing on tv about them being illegal oh well maybe not id still be carefull with them though because if they are not illigal the police still dont like them so it may promt them to search your car ferther or somthing.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
mate has a target lr100 laser jammer on his scooby.

Can't be prosecuted for one as they are sold to the rich and famous as a transponder to open infra red garage doors and gates apparently.
They work by blocking the signal from a Laser gun for 6 secs...awesome piece of kit, I have been in he car when it went off.....

I use a Road Angel plus ..wireless.

Awesome bit of kit, however no good against lasers.

They just inform you that a big hefty bill is on the way through the letterbox in 5 days if you do get hit by a laser.

mate has a target lr100 laser jammer on his scooby.

Can't be prosecuted for one as they are sold to the rich and famous as a transponder to open infra red garage doors and gates apparently.
They work by blocking the signal from a Laser gun for 6 secs...awesome piece of kit, I have been in he car when it went off.....

Wrong, my next door neighbour had the police round after it blocked their signal, asking him to prove it was for a garage..

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Exactly . You " can " get prosecuted for using a laser jammer , you'll get charged with obsructing a police officer from carrying out his duty . You'd obviously need a garage that is actually operated by the jammer / door opener then you " might " stand a chance of getting off with obstruction .

^^^ Exactly . You " can " get prosecuted for using a laser jammer , you'll get charged with obsructing a police officer from carrying out his duty . You'd obviously need a garage that is actually operated by the jammer / door opener then you " might " stand a chance of getting off with obstruction .

yeah bang on.. not worth the risk tbh, hefty punishment i think

Mk1 Maxim Sport
road angel plus does every camera there is pure and simple

As does the saphire.

Iv got a snooper saphire mate an its quality. pics up everything i can think of, even high risk zones and other cameras that i didnt know existed. Its not that annoying either just has a few loud beeps then goes quiet but still flashes. Quality bit of kit imo. Comes with a hardwire cable aswel which is all good.

Got mine from halfrauds as it was reduced to £100 squid so y not!?

Oh an 6 months free subscription

right you lot your all under arrest!
anything u say can well u know the rest lol

I got a tom tom totally hooked up with the tasers,speed cameras etc
all u need for a safe journey

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Wrong, my next door neighbour had the police round after it blocked their signal, asking him to prove it was for a garage..

yeah bang on.. not worth the risk tbh, hefty punishment i think

I can't imagine a bigger waste of police time tbh.

Unless you have a dodgy jammer that shows OE7 (a jam code) on the laser gun, then there's no reason for the po-po to think you're using a jammer.

It's so easy to get a normal error code (which is what decent jammers provoke) when using the gun normally anyway.

I'm pretty sure if you get caught using a jammer you are in trouble big time..

Only telling you what my neighbour told me, as i was speaking to him about a road angel..

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^ some guy i know just got caught, got 6 points and a £600 fine off the courts. He wernt too happy when he got home and ended up spending the next day off work rippin the jammers out. His displayed an "error" message on the gun and he had the garage activation thing but still got the punishment

BMW M4; S1000 RR
lol unlucky.

As said there are some seriously s**t jammers out there, you should put those 2 people you know in touch with me, I can hook them up.

Funny that though, I know of at least 5 people that have jammers on all their cars, not one has even been questioned by police, and there are two people in this thread that know people that've gone to court over it...

lol unlucky.

As said there are some seriously s**t jammers out there, you should put those 2 people you know in touch with me, I can hook them up.

Funny that though, I know of at least 5 people that have jammers on all their cars, not one has even been questioned by police, and there are two people in this thread that know people that've gone to court over it...

what exactly is your point?

He knows eeeeeeveryone who has a jammer, therefore everyone else is wrong ;) lol

But seriously...

You pays your money, you makes your choice. Some people appear to have got away with it, others appear to have been done. Depends on how much risk you want to take!

They do to a ParkPro thing (or something like that) that is designed to help you park. It also rather inconveniently uses the same frequency as the laser guns... lol

Nissan adaptive cruise control apparently does too but I've not heard what the effect of that is on a laser speed trap.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They do to a ParkPro thing (or something like that) that is designed to help you park. It also rather inconveniently uses the same frequency as the laser guns... lol

I know the people that make them.

The best thing about them (besides being the best on the market at jamming) is that they're not advertised as a jammer what so ever.

Sold as a parking aid, documented as a parking aid. To be honest I can't see that one getting you in trouble anywhere, as it's also impossible to prove that it jammed the gun.

So safe I'd put one on my nan's car...

2003 Clio 2.0L 16v
Here in Israel the detctor called Valentine 1 is the best. It also covers the pop mode which the new Bee radars use. It has been road tested many many times alone and against other detectors and was found to be the best. I dont have one yet, because of its rediculous price here in israel (like 700 pounds or so)... If you can find it cheap I think its the best option (have seen it on ebay new for 450US$)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Here in Israel the detctor called Valentine 1 is the best. It also covers the pop mode which the new Bee radars use. It has been road tested many many times alone and against other detectors and was found to be the best. I dont have one yet, because of its rediculous price here in israel (like 700 pounds or so)... If you can find it cheap I think its the best option (have seen it on ebay new for 450US$)

It is the best, but a bit hardcore for most of today's users. Plus it's more useful for places like America where the squad cars emit radar, so you can effectively have a police car warning.

2003 Clio 2.0L 16v
Here they have just added to the police arsenal the Bee radar which is installed on the police cars and can intercept your speed while the police car is moving (i.e. tailing you) and even from the back (i.e. you tailing a police car). It is the most annoying of all speed traps as you can have no warning if the police car is an unmarked one.... Im gonna get me a valentine detector as soon as I can get the cash.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Aye, they use that (radar speed detection on moving police cars) in quite a few places over the pond in America.

Valentine 1 is your best bet tbh as it's the only one to offer a directional display. I just use a Bel550 as the only radar in the UK is on GATSOs and occasionally static speed traps.

You might have luck importing one from USA as they're about $1000 over there, not sure how that works out for you in Israel though.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
still worth the risk when your car has 400bhp imo.

70 mph comes up so god damn quick.

might advise him to get a garage kit too.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
^^ Although they do pick up cameras they also notify u of accident blackspots which is a help cause u know to take extra care. Tis not all about speeding.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
back on topic can anyone else recommend the snooper saphire?

The snooper range is an entry level deal. They do the job which I suppose is what most people are after.. But then it's not 100%. Depends if you need complete protection.

Dont think hes after spending 100's tbh mate, im very happy with my saphire, it does exactly what i wanted it to do. No point in illegal laser jammers cause it aint worth the trouble of getting prosecuted over them. An not much point in laser detectors cause itll only detect once their firing the gun at u by which time if u are speeding its too late anyway. Go with the saphire!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
[No point in illegal laser jammers cause it aint worth the trouble of getting prosecuted over them.

Well I don't know anyone that's been prosecuted, if you knew how they worked you wouldn't jump on that bandwagon so fast.

When I was using mine it went off 3 times (I don't seem to come across laser traps too often). Once would definately have got me a court summons had I not been using it..