ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speed camera detectors.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
Can anyone recommend a decent cheapish speed camera detector please. It's got to detect all types of speed camera. These little Clio's go faster than you think.:approve:
Also do they work because of the windscreens in the Clio's?

Last edited:
  Ibiza Cupra TDI
How much u thinkin of spendin? I have a new road angel, they are 300 but it was well worth it.

I had to buy the extra ariel for the road angel as u don't get any signal without it. I put it under the square at the bottom of the windscreen where the glass is clear. I would think other types of units would have the same problem.

A Grey Slab (Audi Estate)
If you look at the bottom of the windsrceen in the middle there is a small rectangle, your radar dtector must point out of that otherwise it will not work beacuse of the reflective UV coating on it.

As for make something like a snooper would be good. Non GPS versions are cheaper.

Meg 225 with cup packs.
id_doug said:
If you look at the bottom of the windsrceen in the middle there is a small rectangle, your radar dtector must point out of that otherwise it will not work beacuse of the reflective UV coating on it.

As for make something like a snooper would be good. Non GPS versions are cheaper.

Yeah i know what the square is for i just wondered if anyone who uses detectors had any probs with them. BTW am i right in thinking that the non GPS versions are the right ones to go for anyway, as the GPS ones don't actually detect the camera but rely on an updatable database?:S

I found this one, any good?
http://www.mynewcheap.co.uk/products/details/gt-radar-laser-detector/513/

Ibiza Cupra TDI
Yeah, with the Gps ones u need to keep it up to date. Only thing with the non-gps detectors is that u somethimes get false alerts, as I found with my snooper.

That detector looks not to bad for 70 quid.

RenaultSport clio 182
hi with the road angel do they tell you about the vans that sit on top of the motorway bridges cos thats what i would need it to detect they have almost got me a few times lol oh and do you have to pay each month for the ra to keep working cos thats what somone told me it costs £10 a month is this right ? rob

106 GTi
The RA is by subscription yes, if you dont pay you can still use it but not update the locations.

RenaultSport clio 182
ok thanks rich , is the RA worth getting is it any good will it pick up the speed camera vans and the police that sit there with the guns ?

182 Cup, (2nd one)
I'd go with the road angel- try on ebay you can get some good deals if you want to keep the costs down

106 GTi
rob1226 said:
ok thanks rich , is the RA worth getting is it any good will it pick up the speed camera vans and the police that sit there with the guns ?

It will pick them up, but as they user laser its more of a warning you have already been caught unfortunatley

535d / t5 caravelle
never had a radar detector, but would like one and from what i have read/looked up the snooper s4 (think that is what its called) comes up top trumps, think it may be around £300, but that is the one i would get

RenaultSport clio 182
just been looking at the road angel plus £349 looks gd but it says battery powered dont say if you can run it off the car power mite get this one not sure yet if they only tell you when you have been got thats not alot of good really round ere they have alot of the safety camera vans i would need it to tell me b4 it gets me not after

Citroen DS3 DSport
E-ray_172 said:
a talex one, never missed one for me or given me a false one. really impressed with it.
The Talex Lite will match any of the other more expensive units and can be bought for £39.99 at Somerfields (rrp £89.99). It's a gps based cam system and has voice warnings. Excellent value.

Megane 225 Cup
i got a road angel and as long as i put it in the little clear area at teh bottom of the screen it works brilliantly.

182 Full Fat
rob1226 said:
just been looking at the road angel plus £349 looks gd but it says battery powered dont say if you can run it off the car power mite get this one not sure yet if they only tell you when you have been got thats not alot of good really round ere they have alot of the safety camera vans i would need it to tell me b4 it gets me not after

This runs off a cigar lighter like the others, but also has an internal battery that is charged when used. I think it can last for up to about10 hours without a recharge.
I would personally go for compact at only £200 :approve:

renault clio 182 cup
i had a new road angel and traded it in for a road angel navagator.best decision i ever made,its great.i,ve read threads on here about it being not that good but i disagree.sat nav is spot on and camera detection is also spoT on.got 200 for road angel and paid 249 ontop.GREAT VALVE....

182 Full Fat
STEVE182CUP said:
i had a new road angel and traded it in for a road angel navagator.best decision i ever made,its great.i,ve read threads on here about it being not that good but i disagree.sat nav is spot on and camera detection is also spoT on.got 200 for road angel and paid 249 ontop.GREAT VALVE....

I may go down this route too. But I rarely go far enough to get lost!!! HAHA;)