ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speakers....HELP!!!

Clio Dynamique Noir
Hi

Im Mark from London area..i have a 51 plate MkII Clio

I want to sort out the sound in my car, was wondering whether anyone can help?!

Firstly I dont want to put 6x9's or anything on the parcel shelf .
I want to get component speakers and maybe replace the tweeters in the dash.
Could you tell me what's the best thing to do...what make of speakers are good?...what watt do i need?...theres 2 components in the front door panels and another 2 behind the front seats (if you didnt know). Also is it worth buying new tweeters?..OH i have a sub and amp...FLI 1000W sub and FLI 400W amp. When it comes to car speakers im lost is FLI a good make and will i need to buy a bigger Watt amp?
Aswell will i need to buy a new head unit to run this through or is my stock head unit good enough?

Also can you recommend a good car audio shop..other than Halfords.

Thanks a lot for any help..sorry its an essay!!

Cheers...Mark

MG ZR+ 105
i have fusions in my front doors and they sound really nice

you might need to change the headunit to use it with a sub (not sure if the stock h/u has a pre out)

Ollie's Silver Cup
You'll see a big improvement changing from the factory head unit to a decent aftermarket one in terms of sound quality and volume.

Even more so if you decide to amp the speakers.

If you're buying components for the front, they'll have new tweeters; components run separate mid drivers and tweeters, as opposed to the coax set-up in the rear. :)

Ideally components up front and a sub should do well

Clio Dynamique Noir
Cheers Pinky Boi and Oliver

Oliver, do you think that i need to get new components in the back aswell or not?
where is the best place to buy speakers and get them fitted?

cheers Mark

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Don't put 6x9's in the parcel shelf and a sub in the boot, it'll distort, good components and amp them is best way, then a sub if you want some bass.

Also where are you based?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Cheers Pinky Boi and Oliver

Oliver, do you think that i need to get new components in the back aswell or not?
where is the best place to buy speakers and get them fitted?

cheers Mark

Not if you're going to be running a sub; comps up front and a sub in the boot :)

If you're not bothering with a subwoofer, then you could probably do with uprated rear speakers too. Don't see why you'd necessarily need components in the back though, as uprated coax's would do the job nicely :)

The most desirable set-up would be components in the front and then a subwoofer.

I don't want the weight of a sub, so I'm compromising in my 172 cup and having comps up front (JL Audio ZR525-CSi running from an amp) and coax's in the rear (JL Audio C5-525X running from an amp)

Clio Dynamique Noir
Don't put 6x9's in the parcel shelf and a sub in the boot, it'll distort, good components and amp them is best way, then a sub if you want some bass.

Also where are you based?

No i definately dont want to put 6x9's in...but i have a sub and
amp so i want to use them.
I live in East Grinstead...how come?

Clio Dynamique Noir
Not if you're going to be running a sub; comps up front and a sub in the boot :)

If you're not bothering with a subwoofer, then you could probably do with uprated rear speakers too. Don't see why you'd necessarily need components in the back though, as uprated coax's would do the job nicely :)

The most desirable set-up would be components in the front and then a subwoofer.

I don't want the weight of a sub, so I'm compromising in my 172 cup and having comps up front (JL Audio ZR525-CSi running from an amp) and coax's in the rear (JL Audio C5-525X running from an amp)

Cheers Oliver thats helpful...i just need to find somewhere to buy the comps, wiring kit for it all and also somewhere to fit them.
Any recommendations? Also what make is good?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Cheers Oliver thats helpful...i just need to find somewhere to buy the comps, wiring kit for it all and also somewhere to fit them.
Any recommendations? Also what make is good?

For buying the comps, check out...

http://www.celstores.com/

:D

As for recommendations, what kind of budget were you looking at?

JL Audio and Focal are very good, but generally aimed more at the higher end of the price range. Could check out Hertz and Rainbow too :)

Clio Dynamique Noir
For buying the comps, check out...

http://www.celstores.com/

:D

As for recommendations, what kind of budget were you looking at?

JL Audio and Focal are very good, but generally aimed more at the higher end of the price range. Could check out Hertz and Rainbow too :)

Cheers...well i need to buy a head unit, the comps and a wiring kit for the amp and sub i have, so probably 300 is what im looking at.
A few people have said i should run my comps through my amp..what dyu think?

Clio Dynamique Noir
I just put these in the front of my car:

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-ts-q131c-renault.html

Perfect fit for the clio as the tweeters are made to fit in the dash without modification. Tweeters do ths high tones really well, speakers mid range and sub the low. Good option i think mate :D.

Thanks...have you bought a new head unit or kept the stock one?
Do those speakers sound good are they pretty loud? Dyu think i would need to go any louder/more powerful than these ones?

Ollie's Silver Cup
A few people have said i should run my comps through my amp..what dyu think?

To run both front speakers and a sub from that amp, it would need to be a 4 channel amp, and bridgeable :)

So you would have channels 1 & 2 running the front speakers, and channels 3 & 4 bridged to run the subwoofer

If it's a mono amp, it'll drive the sub only and it's no use for front speakers.

Similarly, if it's a 2 channel you could run front speakers, or bridge the channels and run a sub, but not both :)

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Do you know anybody with a sound system in their car?

Hearing different setups will help you decide what you need to do.

If you just want decent sound and easy installation i would reccomend the pioneer direct fit renault components that just plug and play in the mk2 clio. You dont even need to cut off the connectors. Just plug them in and screw in the 4 torx screws. I actually have a pair of these for sale. Im only up the road from you in Warlingham.

If you want really quality sound that will go loud and not distort. You will need to buy component speakers for the front, and an amp to power them. Its a bit of work wiring them up and fitting but the sound quality is definately worth it if you can be bothered to put in the effort.

The rears, just use the fader on the h/u and fade them out a a fair bit. no point doing anything to them really.

Its definately worth buying an aftermarket headunit too.

Edit: i actually have a 3/4 channel amp too. all taken out of my car than i am selling. its a jbl gto 1004. If you are intrested.

Clio Dynamique Noir
To run both front speakers and a sub from that amp, it would need to be a 4 channel amp, and bridgeable :)

So you would have channels 1 & 2 running the front speakers, and channels 3 & 4 bridged to run the subwoofer

If it's a mono amp, it'll drive the sub only and it's no use for front speakers.

Similarly, if it's a 2 channel you could run front speakers, or bridge the channels and run a sub, but not both :)

Okay ive been recommended these pioneer speakers that are made for Renault by a few people and am thinking of getting them.
So if put them in the front doors have a sub and amp in the back and ill wire the sub up through the amp.
What do you think? Any good?

i had that range of pioneer in my old car and they were great. theyre not really bassy its more of a clarity which i prefered. atm i have fusion components 3 way (with crossover and tweeter) in the front and 2 way in the back in the back