ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Speaker query

I've currently got standard speakers, standard headunit and an underseat sub which sounds the tits.

I'm thinking of upgrading the door speakers but I'm not sure if it will be worth it with my setup. Will it?

I've been reading that there's no point in just changing them unless they're amped. Will me having my underseat sub mean they're amped? The sub is one unit so I'm guessing there's an amp built into that.

Also is it better to get coaxails or components? I'm just looking for a decent straight swap with minimal effort!

Cheers :)

Clio 182
I swapped mine for vibe slick components and also changed tweeters in dash also changed back ones and put a 8" vibe sub in boot sounds awesome

coaxails are for the back mate as they have built in tweeter I think, and components are tweeter and speaker separate which is for the front. Ive brought some JBL gt5-7 I think from memory and impressed so far with standard head unit and ipod connection. And as above also got vibe components in the front :)